Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-08, 03:49 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Crankbait Question II

Ok, now I am fired up after you guys have convinced me that a large crankbait would not be too large for northern Indiana. Now here is my second question. I am planning on buying a couple DD22's and DT16's. My next question regards color. Now I know it no doubt varies due to forage available, water clarity and all that. But my concern is as follows. The rule of thumb is brite lures on brite/sunny days, darker lures for darker/cloudy days and at night. Now wouldn't the same apply for deeper water where sunlight penetration is not as strong? The water is going to be darker in 15-20 foot of water. Wouldn't one therefore choose a darker colored lure for deeper water? The lakes around here can vary from fairly clear to very discolored depending on several factors. But even on days when the water visibility is fairly clear, deeper water is still going to offer less visability. I would think chatruese would be a poor color choice for deeper water as would white, or shiner colors. What colors do you guys prefer for deep diving large cranks? Perhaps color isn't such a big deal due to the fact that a large crank is going to send out strong signals from vibration to the fish due to increased water displacement caused by a larged bodied crankbait. Also I m planning to use a 7 foot med/heavy rod with 14 pound copolymer line spooled on a Garcia Abu C3. Does that sound like a good plan so far?
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.