Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-09, 09:56 AM   #27
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpe012010 View Post
It's pretty much official, i will never use Mono again..im already extremely comfortable with braid and my castability has gone up 7 feet or so. i bought some Power Pro 50# spooled 5 reels up with it in all including one spinning rod and i absolutely love it. i think i will just be adding flouro as a leader in the required situations. found out that if its even remotely cloudy, with costas on, you cant see your line...im going to switch to Sufix braid soon, so should i go ahead and go with 30#?...
If you like Power Pro, you're going to love Sufix Preformence Braid. 50 lb test is just over kill test wise for every application but pitching into the weeds. That's where I use 50-65 lb test. 30 lb casts great and I've never experienced the line digging in issues with it.

One thing that every braid users needs to keep in mind is that when using 50 lb test with a rod rated to 20-25 test lb line, you can easily snap the tip way before the line will ever snap. That's another reason I use 30 lb test. Might even try 20 lb test and see how my Daiwa Advantages handle it. And always have a little more drag dialed in then you would normally have. You don't have to lock down the drag or have it that tight even in the nasty stuff to muscle out a fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.