Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-10, 12:01 PM   #1
Dr G
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Tip o' the hat to Garry 2 Rs

I've been on this board for the past year basically learning how to fish without ever actually putting a line in the water. Luckily for me I met Garry on this board and he graciously invited me and my wife up to his place, a couple hours north of Toronto where I live, to spend the long weekend with him on his bass boat. Now I want to tell you all that Garry is a devotee of everything fishin. Whether in Ontario or Arizona Garry's pretty much always fishin except for occassionaly sleepin and eatin and telling outrageous stories. But I digress. What an education for me over just 2 1/2 short days. He showed me how to tie a uni-to-uni for splicing line, a ton about braided line and leaders, not to mention how to fillet a Pike which is a bit tricky. But most importantly I finally got out on the water and got to try out a bunch of different rods and reels. I had heard so much about how difficult a bait caster is to handle and how you want to start with a spinning rig. Well Garry got me right on one of his Chronarchs and within a half hour I was casting like a pro. And that's credit to him not me! Now I understand why folks use baitcasters - what a treat! Unfortunately I am now bit. I'm looking at getting a Chronarch and hooking it up to a G Loomis Mag Bass GLX 2 piece rod. That should just about break the bank. Thanks Garry!
For me fishing is very specialized in the sense that most of the fishing I intend to be doing will be from a canoe in very isolated conditions (though I'm just learning to fish, I'm a long time backcountry canoeing enthusiast.) Some folks think taking good equipment out into the bush is a waste but after fishing with Garry I gotta say good equipment makes fishing so much more enjoyable.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm hooked good and proper and how lucky I was to have met Garry here on the boards and have an old master show me the ropes.
Kerry
Dr G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-10, 12:12 AM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Yep, you are officially hooked. Welcome to the brotherhood!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.