Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-08, 09:32 PM   #1
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default moontalker baits

i was at wally world and saw the booyah moontalker spinner baits they are pretty much one colorado blade and a couple rattles like you find on the booyah jigs for fishing at night , has anybody used them ? i'm more thinking to use it in heavily stained water and at night .
Old 05-17-08, 07:10 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I have one, although I do not recall the rattles. I may be wrong. The main difference from a single colorado spinnerbait is that the blade is bigger. I've used them in Lake Mudson... whoops, I mean Hudson, but we've still have better lcuk with a chartreuse and white Booyah double colorado. You've just got to try it and see if it works. They ssay black is a good color to use in muddy water.

BB
Old 05-17-08, 09:45 AM   #3
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

First off, I owned two. Yep, I said owned. My 'Snow White' one was taken to the Detroit River. I cast out and my line was wrapped under my spool skirt and snapped the line instantly. My 'Midnight Black' one was lost to a tree, I think. I never remeber the Moon Talker coming with rattles...

144, my best spinnerbait in Mudson so far is the Strike King Plus 'Blue Shad' with colorado/willow silvers. This spinnerbait works wonders in Mudson. The Mann's Hank Parker The Classic in 'White' with double colorado silvers is also great.

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 10:46 AM   #4
Jim80

yeah it def has a rattle like the booyah jigs do that was actually what caught my eye about
them but i'm gonna pick one up and give it shot anyhow and we'll see what happens
Old 05-17-08, 11:17 AM   #5
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The Strike King midnight special has rattles also. Fish2win
Old 05-17-08, 11:49 PM   #6
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Buzzie, the Moon Talker only comes in black, black/red, black/blue, and black/chartreuse. no snow white, it must have been the plain old single colorado one.

BB
Old 05-18-08, 09:18 AM   #7
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Fishing spinnerbaits at night is a great way to catch bass ,especially smallmoth. Bass may hit most any color at night but i have found that blackpurple,blackred/ or purple chart are big producers in my area.I always tip the bait with a number 11 Uncle Josh pork frog. The fish seem to hit pork better at night than they do plastic. I have fished spinnerbaits for many years at night( I only fish at night from this time of year until October) And as a result I make all my own night time spinnerbaits. I primarily use a 3/8 or 1/2 oz frame. I use only sampo swivels and either a Pickens blade or an ultra vibe. Hard hitting blades are a must. If you cant feel the blade vibrate in your rod then it is not going to be very productive.The blade arm needs to be fairly short with the end of the blade never hanging past the curve of the hook.At times I shorten the blade arm even more to get even more vibration. The three primary retrives that I use are the slow roll, The Yo yo or the drag.When fishing deep water the yo yo is deadly. To accomplish this cast, allow the bait to sink to the bottom. Take up slack and pull the bait straight back until you feel the balde hit two or three times. This may be 1 to 3 feet off the bottom depending on the mood of the fish. Once this is done allow the blade to fall back to the bottom on a semi slack line. Stay in contact with the bait while it falls because this is when most strikes occur.I use this method from 10 to 30 feet of water. It drives smallies crazy. The slow roll works well when the fish are up and cruzing the banks. You cannot turn the reel to slow as long as the blade is spinning. The drag method is much like working a T rigged worm.I fish mainly highland res. that are very clear. Night fishing is the norm with locals for bass or walleye.Moon light can have the same affect as sunlight some bright nights. Black lights and florescent line is a must. If you are going to night fish learn to be a line watcher. You will be surprised how many hits you get that you dont feel. If your line jumps or twitches set the hook. I hope this helps some of you guys that are new to nocturnal bassin. I will warn you that is is very addictive. Fish2win
Old 05-18-08, 09:41 AM   #8
Jim80

thanks for the advice fish2win , I've been night fishing for a while now but it has always been for pike or catfish this will be the first season that I've put effort into going for bass at night .

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.