Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-07, 12:57 PM   #1
noboatyet
BassFishin.Com Member

Talking Back to my bass cove

I gave it a few days. The water was a bit clearer but there wasn't many big bass swimming about. Got a few hits on a spiner, a few on a crank. Figured they were to small to take the hook. Decided to use my one last chartruce zoom. I rigged him up and threw him in a few times...nothing...moved to another location, and about the third cast as I was reeling in over a fallen tree, my line froze. I thought damn I'm hung and I'm gona lose the last chartruce worm I have. I yanked and he yanked back HARD. Drag was on and he was spinning the reel out, so I turned it off and reeled him on in. Thought my rod was gona break (cheap shakesphere) left my ugly stick at home..

I got him in and he would probaby weight in at 3lbs, he was about 19" long. Took no pics because I had nothing to scale him to. He was the biggest I've caught yet, since bass fishing. Beautiful fish. I set him back in the water and he went on his way.

And I did lose that damn worm but it was worth the catch
noboatyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-07, 01:29 PM   #2
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great feeling isn't it.... No go back with a measuring tape and nail that pig again for a picture -Congrats!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.