Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-08, 01:42 PM   #1
Beamer2
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Carpet

Well, as some of you might have seen in my first post a week or 2 ago, I got a new (to me) boat. It needs a new carpet. It is going to be a late fall job or winter job for me. What am I looking at? Is it a royal pain, like I have heard or not that bad. It doesn't seem like it will be too bad. The doors to the storage compartment don't look like fun though. I am going to extend the front deck as well. There is just not enough room up there. I am just going to extend it back to the center console, will add more storage as well, was just thinking of high grade plywood with some pressure treated braces.

So what do you guys think, a pain, or not so bad to recarpet? Will make it look 100 times better. Plus the front deck extension will make fishing much easier. Looking forward to a few years with this boat until I can get a tourney type boat.

By the way caught my first fish on it last Wed. 2 lb largemouth and a decent size smallie, but lost it when I was trying to get my daughter to help me reel it in. Wicked fun.
Thanks
Beamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 05:12 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

go for it pal. it will be worth it in the end. and ifn you gonna keep a few years, you'll be glad you did it. and who ever buys it after you are through with it will like it too. it will probably make it easier to sell.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 10:09 PM   #3
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Beamer,

I just posted this in another thread. Check out this forum. These guys have taken on some pretty extensive projects. This will give you an idea of what you are getting into.

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=19
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 08:18 AM   #4
Beamer2
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to it being done, lol.

Weaver - I will check that out. Thanks for the link.
Beamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.