Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-13, 11:02 PM   #1
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Wow! Roll Tide.....I guess

Alabama is beating the snot out of Notre Dame. It looks like a Jr. High team playing a High School team, or maybe a HS team playing a girls team. I'm not a huge college football fan but I know a schlacking when I see one. Pretty impressive.
Old 01-07-13, 11:34 PM   #2
bassinbob

All I can say is "YEAAAAAAAA". I"m not a fan either but hate Notre Dame.
Old 01-07-13, 11:38 PM   #3
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
All I can say is "YEAAAAAAAA". I"m not a fan either but hate Notre Dame.
I'm pretty much with you Bob. I'm not really a Bama fan but I am enjoying watching ND get spanked.
Old 01-08-13, 08:41 AM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I hated to see my Irish go down like they did, but Bama deserves to win. They were unstopable! Congrats to Saban and his boys, and to the rest of the Tides fans.
Old 01-08-13, 10:26 AM   #5
bamabassman

ROLL TIDE ! ok...said it and now i want to say that KEITHDAWG is one of the BEST sportsman i have EVER been around. we texted during the game of ocurse. only one play was questionable in my opion. after seeing the slow motion replays and all it is STILL a question mark. yes i am talking about the punt. i think it could have gone either way to be honest. but the refs did their job and the review people did theirs and it was done.

after that....i can't say that ANY team could have beat bama last night. they looked like they did against michigan. total domination on offense and defense.

i was TRULY hoping for a closer game. 2 of the most STORIED schools in college football playing for the title. but NOTRE DAME was outmatched last night. congrats to notre dame for making it there. they DID deserve to be there no matter what others may say. they were undefeated and the ONLY undefeated team until last night.

others will say "if ohio state wasn't on probation...." but they ARE. so there. some will say other teams this or other teams that. i am sorry folks....ut get over it. THIS is the system we have today so deal with it. over time things will change. we know that. MONEY rules the bowls so it will take money to change the system. playoffs are coming whether we like or not. it will jsut take time to ge there.

do any of you remember when the national trophy was given out BEFORE the bowl games? lots of split titles across the years and to many teams. so get over the number of titles which team has and which team doesn't. that was the way things were THEN.
it means NOTHING to rehash the past folks. it is sad to me to think that SOME people have to go back and look a thte way things were and try to change history. i mean, WHO CARES now? yes, i DO claim 15 national trophies for ALABAMA others may dispute this, and that is fine. no one is going to change any one form alabama form what the school of the media says alabama claims. again...GET OVER IT. please?!?!

i haven't nor will i EVER be "that kind of fan". i love college football. and i love ALABAMA.

i love oyu guys and gals here to the ends of the earth. no matter WHO YOU PULL FOR. i wish in my heart that every team could win. i really do. if my team can't win it, i pray yours does.

now back to the game last night.

keith was fabulous as a fan even when his team lost. i was so excited because i thought it was going to go down to the wire. i love games like that. but it didn't happen. but i have to say notre dame did NOT give up or give in. they played thier hearts out to the end. this loss WILL help notre dame. non of those kids were even BORN the last time notre dame won a national title. so maybe the hype and so forth go to them, i don't know. but they will come back, the will be better for it too. notre dame is going to be stronger, faster and better in the next few seasons.

SO IN CLOSING, ONCE AGAIN..THANK YOU KEITH FOR A WONDERFUL TIME. I LOVE OYU BROTHER. YOU SIR ARE A TRUE FAN AND A FANTASTIC DISPLAY OF SPORTSMANSHIP.
Old 01-08-13, 10:45 AM   #6
nofearengineer

Haha, John. You know I am just jerking your chain with my Bama stuff on FB. I am not into college football at all...I just wanted to P.O. some of my relatives too.
Old 01-08-13, 08:18 PM   #7
bamabassman

i know bryce. i jsut wanted to make the statement BEFORE anyone started anything negative. facebook is LOADED with all kinds of things like that and i dont want it to happen HERE.
Old 01-08-13, 08:33 PM   #8
nobass

now the nations knows why the sec won the last seven national championships.
Old 01-08-13, 08:42 PM   #9
keithdog

John is without a doubt one of the most ravinous college football fans I've ever met, and a TRUE Crimson Tide fan! And without a doubt, one of my best friends. I have so enjoyed our sparring back and forth via FB and our phones. It's been a blast, and no doubt will continue in September. haha We both shelled out a lot these past few months, but it was all in good fun and we both enjoyed evey minute of it. I have to say John, you were good practice for me when it came to "come backs". hahaha The Tide showed the Irish what a GREAT team looks like. Unfortunately for the Irish, their chance at the title comes at a time when Alabama is churning our NFL pros left and right. No doubt, next year, Bama will be defending their title again and they will be loaded with talent! Better than this year! But John....I'm still gonna be rooting BIG TIME for the Irish! haha
Old 01-08-13, 08:47 PM   #10
Bassboss

Roll Tide Roll!

It was a real slobber knocker... watch the game with my ND fan friend, lol. After the score was 0-35 he went home hahaha!

I think Nick Saban's, and Alabama's big game (and national championship game) experience really showed during the game... you could really tell who had been there before.

Last edited by Bassboss; 01-08-13 at 08:59 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 09:04 PM   #11
WTL

Hey Keith,

I thought I would cheer you up a bit. Remember recent history. Remember how bad Notre Dame was. And remember this....

Alabama returned to dominance by winning the 2009 National Championship. But the previous season, Alabama was undefeated in the regular season and ranked #1 for several weeks, until losing to an experienced championship team in the Florida Gators. They then were blown out by Utah.

The next season; undefeated National Champions. Bama beat Texas, who had previously won a title in 05 and were themselves experienced on the stage.

It takes a couple years to learn to win regular games.

Then it takes another year to learn to win the big game.

You guys will benefit from this.
Old 01-09-13, 10:01 PM   #12
Rebbasser

Yeah, Bama had an ALMOST perfect season. A freshman from small town Texas named Johnny Football and my Fightin' Texas Aggies spoiled their perfect seasn I'm happy to say!

Seriously, congrats to Bama on their NC win.
Old 01-10-13, 12:23 AM   #13
bamabassman

rebb....A&M i gonna be a force to be reckoned with. i kinda wished they were put in the east side now. lol. we (bama) has enough trouble as it is on the west. lsu,arkansas,miss st..and of course auburn. i know that arkansas and auburn had a down year. but they WILL be back up there real soon. i lvoed how well they (A&M) played against okaloma in their bowl game.
Old 01-10-13, 12:40 AM   #14
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
rebb....A&M i gonna be a force to be reckoned with. i kinda wished they were put in the east side now. lol. we (bama) has enough trouble as it is on the west. lsu,arkansas,miss st..and of course auburn. i know that arkansas and auburn had a down year. but they WILL be back up there real soon. i lvoed how well they (A&M) played against okaloma in their bowl game.
Last 5 years vs. Miss St:

November 15, 2008 Tuscaloosa, AL Alabama 32–7
November 14, 2009 Starkville, MS Alabama 31–3
November 13, 2010 Tuscaloosa, AL Alabama 30–10
November 12, 2011 Starkville, MS Alabama 24–7
October 27, 2012 Tuscaloosa, AL Alabama 38–7

Doesn't look like much trouble to me...
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-13, 02:58 PM   #15
WTL

It was Miss State who got Shula fired, I guess back in 06.

A&M is going to be a monster game early in the year. Looking forward to it. They were worthy of winning, but I'm not sure that they werent the partial beneficiaries of LSU's season defining effort the week before.
Old 01-10-13, 04:23 PM   #16
bcklash

Shula got Shula fired.
Old 01-10-13, 09:29 PM   #17
WTL

Lash, what I meant was that when Bama lost to MSU, Shula's last year, that was the straw that broke the camels back.

It was like when Dooley lost to Vandy this year. Or when Dubose lost to Central Florida.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.