Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-06, 02:35 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Lizards Night(mare) fishing

Well, let me take all of you through my fabulous evening. Left the house about 7:30PM, and realized I forgot my trolling batteries, at 7:35pm, so I went back and picked them up. Picked up the boat form the storage place, and headed towards the Hawg hole, which takes about 1.5 hrs to get to. All the way there, I kept seeing a very intense lighting storm, east of me. After being on the road for about an hour, I run into a detour, that adds another 30 minutes to my drive. Finally arrive, and load everything up, start fishing around 9:45pm(approx). The lightning storm is close, so I stay within a couple hundred yards of the launch. After about 20 casts, a bat starts buzzing around looking for my bait LOL(not the first time it’s happened to me. Well thus particular bat actually hit the brim of my hat(no kidding) and knocked it sideways. After a few choice words, and gathering my composure I fish for a little while more, before the storm gets too close and I gotta load the boat. 0 bites, unless the bat counts LOL. It didn’t look good anywhere around for quite a distance. So I decide to head back towards home, and if weather permits, fish a small little local pond. Well the rain had passed where the pond was, but it was evident it had rained hard. I’m getting pumped up for some topwater action. Launch the boat, off the sand/dirt ramp. Start fishing again about 1:00am. Get a dink, and a short strike on a Black Buzzbait. Reach back to grab my PNJ(rattles) rod for fishing some heavy cover, only to find it in 2 pieces? I have no idea how that happened, especially since I had just used it earlier, and none of my other rods were damaged. This of course was the most expensive rod I own(St Croix Legend 7’ Heavy/Fast, I’ll let you guess how much that cost). Well after a few choice words, I continue on fishing, and catch 2 more decent size keepers, nothing big though. It’s about 3:30am, and I’m getting tired, needless to say a little frustrated too, so decide to load the boat and head home. After loading the boat, I begin to pull out only to get stuck. Luckily I had a shovel in my truck, so after unloading, and digging I get the truck unstuck. I then pulled in to the ramp at a different angle/place, and couldn’t get the boat all the way up on the trailer, without getting stuck again. So after manhandling the boat and power loading as far as I could, my winch strap breaks. Finally after straining my shoulder, and back I get the boat loaded, and off the ramp. Finally get home at 5:45am, and after a shower and some Advil and allergy medicine(allergies were going crazy), I finally get to bed. Just can’t wait to get back out there and do it again LOL. This was my worst fishing experience I’ve had, but it’s just the way it goes. I just couldn’t get Murphy out of the boat, and if I could have gotten my hands on the little turd, I’d have strangled him. Hope everyone’s fishing was better than mine was this weekend.

Lizards
Old 08-13-06, 04:04 PM   #2
Bo Dale James Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Man..The Horror! I would have been so pissed off!
A tantrum would have been in order! Things broken stuff flying!
So, see you handled it quite well..
Old 08-13-06, 04:22 PM   #3
Christopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wow what a trip!!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-06, 05:05 PM   #4
zooker

oh so even the great lizard got to have "one of THOSE days" finally huh.. wait lizzy you fish enough you will get them a tad more often..

zooker
Old 08-13-06, 09:12 PM   #5
Rebbasser

Welcome to the Murphy club! I had one yesterday-pulled all three bolts on the left side of the trolling motor mount while on an eletrics only lake. Fortunately I had spares and coud repair it on the water.
Old 08-14-06, 11:50 AM   #6
Vabass22

Hate those kinda days, but a bad day fishing beats the heck ou of a good day anywhere else imo.
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-06, 11:52 AM   #7
Wishing2BFishing

Lizards,

Sounds like you had an expensive trip. Somehow, every season, I manage to break a rod. Not because of some mammoth fish but usually some type of bad luck. In fact, one season, I broke my rod and my fishing buddy's rod in one outing.

Anyway, you just need to get you mojo back. At some point, everything will click again and you will be on the fish.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-06, 04:36 PM   #8
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

i hate bats at night one night i had one fly into the end of my rod. i about fell in the water lol. they are always fling into the line making it feel like hits lol. ive set the hook on a few bats.
Old 08-15-06, 08:42 PM   #9
ToPwAt'R GuY

Thats a pretty bad trip but at least your boat didn't sink.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-06, 10:57 PM   #10
Rodman_Rob

sounds like you must have been using bug spray cause I didn't hear a ***** about the skeeters. sorry to hear you had a crappy trip. I yesterday at the river was frustrating, guess I was wrong, although I did almost fall in the water near a 7-9 foot gator.
Old 08-18-06, 11:55 PM   #11
flfireman

Doesn't make me feel as bad now, (the infamous stick marsh trip). That's why I don't fish at night.
Old 08-19-06, 09:57 AM   #12
dodgeguy

at least you didn't get stuck in a lightning storm!!!
Old 08-19-06, 12:03 PM   #13
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

at least you anit fell on a tree...
Old 08-19-06, 01:16 PM   #14
JB

.......or wreck the truck on the way thar....
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-06, 08:59 PM   #15
lizardsrule

Well I guess it could've been worse LOL

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.