Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-07, 04:15 PM   #1
WIUbassin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Small Mouth Fishing

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you happen to have any good links to some info on smallmouth fishing primarily in shallow streams. I recently started fishing the Kankakee River in Central Illinois and it has some great Smallie fishing from what I hear. Any help would me much appreciated, i just can't seem to find the right link...
Old 07-09-07, 07:11 PM   #2
Bass'n'cast
BassFishin.Com Active Member

found this site don't know to much about it though. http://www.riversmallies.com/
Bass'n'cast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-07, 09:25 PM   #3
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

I'm sure if you just ask some questions about shallow smallie fishing on here, atleast one smallie fisherman would come to the rescue haha. Also, there is an article section link on the home page of Kevins, i havent looked at it in awhile, but there may be some smallie articles that may hold the answers to what you are looking for.
Old 07-09-07, 10:23 PM   #4
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Look for current and chunk rock. Smallies thrive hiding in and near current breaks and holes. Deep water or holes are also good places to concentrate on. There is an art to reading smallie streams, and some of it you will have to pick up on experience so I recomend you use a lure that will draw a lot of strikes so that you begin to pick up intuitively on where the smallies tend to hold. Good choices for that lure would be small grubs or senkos, fluke jrs, beetle spins or mepps spinners. I especially think grubs and smaller senkoes tend to be excellent smallmouth baits for small streams. I like white or pearl for my stream fishing.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.