Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-07, 08:22 PM   #1
gonefishing63
BassFishin.Com Member

Default need help

ok i posted ones but i can not find it now so here i go agan i fish in mostly muddy and some times clear watter and mostly having weeds on the bottom and i fish the from the bake so any help you can give me would be grat, i am looking for rig and how to tie them and held in the rods and reals not sure on them at all thanks
gonefishing63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-07, 10:19 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Muddy water and weeds-fish tight to cover. In muddy water the fish will get tight to cover. Lures-think vibration and moving water. My favorite muddy water bait is a spinnerbait with a big, single Colorado blade. The single blade puts out a lot of vibration so the fish can find it with it's lateral line. Weedless, too. I also like rattling baits like a Rat-L-Trap fished on the outside of the weeds. For fishing in the weeds a big, bulky jig or big plastic worm are good choices because they move a lot of water.

For tying rigs go to the "New to Fishing" section and click on the link at the top.
Old 07-15-07, 10:27 PM   #3
gonefishing63
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks reb can you explan rods and the diff in them and what advice do you have for me
Old 07-15-07, 11:18 PM   #4
Rebbasser

Actually, the rod action most people refer to as medium or medium heavy is a misnomer. You are really referring to the power of the rod, but each rod manufacturer has their own interpretation. Here is what I mean:

The action we refer to is the stiffness of the rod. A medium action rod has a lot of give to it and flexes in the top half of the rod, meaning the whole top half of the rod bends. A medium heavy is a little stiffer-it bends or flexes in the top 1/4 of the rod. As a result, there is less give to the rod and the stiffness lends itself to better hooksets on baits where you have to make an active hookset like with a soft plastic or jig. A medium action rod, since it has more give to it, is a better choice for treble hook baits. With more give to it it acts like a shock absorber when a fish hits, which is what you want because a stiffer rod makes it easier to tear the hooks out and lose the fish.

Advice? Try different things and don't be afraid to try something new or different. If you want to know if something works throw it and see-that is the only way to find out.

As far as specific advice-the more info you give us the more specific we can get.
Old 07-16-07, 12:39 AM   #5
gonefishing63
BassFishin.Com Member

thank you you have told me alot already and explan to me more then i have know and that good and i have used a lot of rat-l-traps and iam now moving on to trying new things and thanks agin and i will try new thing thanks again
Old 07-16-07, 02:16 AM   #6
gonefishing63
BassFishin.Com Member

one more ? what colors do you think in muddy water
Old 07-17-07, 01:59 AM   #7
ILfishinman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ILfishinman Send a message via MSN to ILfishinman

dark colors work well, jusnebug, black, black and purple, uh stuff like that. also try the gaudy colors like chartruse and pink and stuff like that
Old 07-17-07, 08:38 PM   #8
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishing63 View Post
one more ? what colors do you think in muddy water

Depends on the sky conditions. If it is sunny I use bright colors, but in cloudy conditions I use dark, more natural colors.
Old 07-18-07, 12:13 AM   #9
gonefishing63
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks guys i am hoping to try all the tips out in the am well good fishing and a am allways open of new tips
Old 07-19-07, 07:23 PM   #10
bothomas
BassFishin.Com Active Member

In muddy ponds and lakes fishing weeds from the bank I stick with dark lizards most of the time. especially in small ponds. worms work well too, but they seem to like a little action from the tail and legs. You may never fish a worm again. I also like to fish it with no weights or carolina and work it just over the tops of the weeds.
bothomas is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.