Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-10, 06:23 PM   #26
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hooker, it is still in the "thought" process right now. i am in the process of trying to figure out WHERE i want it to be and money is gonna be a MAJOR factor in this. we are ALL in money troubles or could be in the next few months. so i am wanting to have it as close to everyone as i can and still be able to afford myself. sorry, but i am scrapping pennies and collecting cans jsut to make the bait monkey happy. lol. but it IS gonne be at either GUNTERSVILLE LAKE (goose pond colony, home of the first one) or (lisa's idea ok? and a good one) WHEELER/WILSON LAKES. wheeler/wilson will most likely win out cause we know that we can get a lodge fairly cheap if we have enough folks atten and we will all be more or less TOGETHER in 1 building (can you say FRAT HOUSE ATMOSPHERE?) . but we would have to FIL it up in order to make it worth the savings. some folks would rather bring their own ten, camper or rent a condo. which is fine by me. then i have to find a date the everyone can agree on. i am going to make a thread in the coming couple of months, probably january so we can get the holidays behind us and we will have the EVENT ot bring us through the hardest part of winter. sound good? i am ALREADY begging for the spring thaw to come on. i know, my northern brothers don't think we get cold "down" here, lol. but we do. not no where NEAR as cold as them, but cold for us.
so hang in there, save some pennies and we'll REALLY talk about it in the coming months. ok?
Old 11-03-10, 06:31 PM   #27
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I feel you, Keith...although my depression has been nearly all year. This has got to be the worst year ever for fishing, coupled with my other issues.

However, I just bought something to keep me busy this winter. I got a '73 big block Chevy 454 to toy around with pretty cheap. I already have dreams of a 700hp street car to keep my mind busy while I wait out the cold. Of course, that'll be expensive as hell...but it's about the fun, right?
I know it's been a pretty tough year for ya this year. I've been wondering if you have looked for another African Gray? I was so heart felt for what happened to yours. I know how intelligent they are and how they can bond with you. Unlike a lot of other birds, the African Gray knows whats going on, and what you and he/she is doing. They say they have the intelligence level of a 3 year old human. I would have been devistated had that happened to me.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 08:46 PM   #28
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Now that sounds like a doable idea, John! Besides there are dandy smallies in Wilson!!!! Whatcha talking about, April/May?
Old 11-03-10, 09:54 PM   #29
3dkicker

Winterize a boat????? What's that??? Just find the nearest radioactive mudhole and put your boat in!!! That's what we do.
Or find the worst water treatment plant in the country and yo-yo a silver buddy and catch kitties, shad, and an occassional largemouth in the outflow area. Sometimes you do have to dodge the rare iceberg to get there. But I'd do that before I put my stuff away.
Old 11-03-10, 10:10 PM   #30
bamabassman

well bob, i AM thinking may for sure. april.....dunno, want it to where the kids can attend along with some MORE wives and girlfriends. like i said in the begining, i want this to become a FAMILY EVENT. THEMORE THAT ATTEND, THE BIGGER IT WIL GET. we had 3 wives attend the kentucky lake event. let beat that number by at least 10 fold! com'on gang. most everyone has a wife, and there is MORE to do than just fish or sit around the campfire. tell the wives that there is shopping close by, golf courses, swiming for the kids. a real FAMILY atmosphere of fun. i'll beat this in the ground if i have to. and if i have to CALL each and EVERY wife personally......i'll do that too. so........you folks have been warned.

3d, i gotta hand it to ya pal. you are a DIE-HARD fishing maniac. LOVE IT PAL!!
Old 11-03-10, 10:14 PM   #31
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

If the lake didn't freeze blocking our way to the hot water discharge, you can bet I'd be there all winter. It would sure beat ice fishing.

BB
Old 11-04-10, 03:48 PM   #32
3dkicker

Discharge area or cooling ponds in the local power plant lake never freezes over. Water temps in pond one is normally high 50's to 70 degrees all winter long. Pond two drop 6-10 degrees and pond three is another 6-10 below that. Water then heads back into the lake and that keeps the lower lake ice free.
So basically the lake has a "hot side" and a "cold side" and it can be fished all year long if you know someone with a ramp. The hot side is private and the cold side is public.
Old 11-04-10, 05:20 PM   #33
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Discharge area or cooling ponds in the local power plant lake never freezes over. Water temps in pond one is normally high 50's to 70 degrees all winter long. Pond two drop 6-10 degrees and pond three is another 6-10 below that. Water then heads back into the lake and that keeps the lower lake ice free.
So basically the lake has a "hot side" and a "cold side" and it can be fished all year long if you know someone with a ramp. The hot side is private and the cold side is public.
Nice. We've got to travel over a mile on Erie to get there, so when Erie's frozen, you can't get to it.

BB
Old 11-04-10, 05:24 PM   #34
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Nice. We've got to travel over a mile on Erie to get there, so when Erie's frozen, you can't get to it.

BB
Old 11-04-10, 06:33 PM   #35
keithdog

They are calling for 3 inches of snow tonight! Grrrrrrrrrrr
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-10, 06:45 PM   #36
bamabassman

we even got a chance of FLURRIES here on the mountain we live on keith! go figure.......
Old 11-05-10, 07:27 AM   #37
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Now there's an idea! But can they pull a boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
They are calling for 3 inches of snow tonight! Grrrrrrrrrrr
You guys can keep that weather! Trust me, we don't want it over here.

Just heard on the radio we're only supposed to get rain/snow mix today, so no accumulation.

BB
Old 11-05-10, 03:29 PM   #38
3dkicker

Nights are dipping into the low 30's this weekend. I'm not ready for winter (I really dislike cold weather). Still wearing shorts thinking we'll have a warm front come through any day now. Give me 75 degrees and sunshine!!!!
Old 11-06-10, 04:05 PM   #39
Bob Smith

Suppose to hit 29 here in North Georgia tonight, but by Tuesday we are suppose to be back up around 75 again.
Old 11-11-10, 04:56 PM   #40
3dkicker

Last tournament of the season coming up this weekend and my season is over. This will be my 16th classic tournament with the club. Seems just like only yesterday......

We're still getting days in the 60's so the water temps should be ok. Probably in the mid 50's and the bass on the river should be schooling up and feeding.

Question is......
1) Do I fish crankbaits/traps over and around grass??
2) Do I go with craws around wood and rock cover??
3) Do I fish chatterbait/spinnerbait around pads??

All three have been winning patterns for me over the years.
Old 11-11-10, 07:13 PM   #41
bamabassman

well then smitty..........fish all 3 man. that is IF it is possible. i would start witht he spinners if it is a little windy. but then look at how good i did today........be better to NOT listen to me pal. lol.
Old 11-12-10, 04:19 PM   #42
3dkicker

Sure.....make it sound easy!!!!

I'll work my way out of the creek towards the main river and see what's up. I've got areas to check. It just helps if you have it planned out and you know where they are. Time management is the key. Don't waste time fishing patterns that aren't producing.

Should of taken the day off and pre-fished it today
Old 11-12-10, 05:54 PM   #43
bamabassman

well DUH on taking the day off. BWAAHAHAHAHAHA, just messing wit cha pal. good luck for real now ok?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.