Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-06, 12:33 PM   #1
betursweetbass
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass
Default Houston Fishin 11/12 Feb

HI All, Fishing was decent, even with a cold front coming thru this past friday. My partner/apprentice who is quickly becoming a real class act bassin gal, & myself, caught close to 20 bass this weekend. We started our weekend at 6am on saturday, it was very cold, but the fish where biting. I caught two nice ones shortly after we got to a local pond in a housing tract in the north west part of houston. I got my first two fish on a buzzbait, and later on in the morning, we used a combination of plastics, and the Mann's Baby minus one. We fished both Saturday and Sunday in between errands and lunch's for a good weekend total of again, close to 20 bass I would say. Our best bass where in the 4 pound range, but only one apeice of that weight, most where over a pound but less than two. Next week we're heading back to Fayette County Reservoir in the Ranger, rain or shine. Good Luck everybody.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 02:32 AM   #2
LoneStarAngler07
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to LoneStarAngler07

im from houston too, wheres that place u went fishing id like to check it out sometime!
Old 03-06-06, 11:22 AM   #3
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

Lonestar....that's a secret....shhhhhh.....just kidding...hey you can throw a line in any retention pond in or around houston...there's bass abundant in all of em....little known secret around houston it seems....we figure they are in an aquaduct system that runs the gamit of houston.....we just see them from the road and try em out......
Old 03-06-06, 04:30 PM   #4
LoneStarAngler07
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to LoneStarAngler07
Default Yea

Yea i have tried that before just pulling over and fish right there...ive only caught like perch...no bass ...but ive only tried it twice.
Old 03-06-06, 05:23 PM   #5
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Try some of the golf course's around your neighborhood too, I hear from Nitro here on this site that he does pretty good at the one up on Highway 529, just east of HWY 6 (1960). There are other places around the city too like housing communities with little ponds in them. Search with Google Earth for them around you.

Good Luck
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.