Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-08, 08:02 PM   #26
Stinkies Daddy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
early is better than summer for the fat ones.. i can catch them in the summer with a floating light late at night..

zooker

I catch most of my crappies in the mid summer to late fall and even into the dead of winter. When fishing for summer Crappies i usually fish docks! looking for tell tale signs, zip around the dock and see if structure can be found, also look for deeper water near by, a creek chanel works best for me. look for lighted docks, ropes suspended from the cross members, minnow buckets, cleaning stations, and big boats in the slips, and rod holders mounted on the dock rails.
Minnows work great either tight lined or under a float, but don't waste your time with the red and white 1's you used as a kid, get some slip corks and bobber stops to help with depth controll. The rig is easy at the top to the line, it's bobber stop, bead, slip cork, weight, baited hook!
You can also dock shoot with twister tails or panfish assasins this is done by loading the rod like a bow and arrow and releasing the hook end in the direction you want the bait to go. i wont give you the mechanics of this , once you try it it will become clear. I mostly use any color as long as it has chartruse in it try crappie.com thay have many answers to many questions another good site is www.bluegill.com this is a new site but with time will be a good site
Old 05-28-08, 09:19 AM   #27
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsprtsfan View Post
cool, just let me know how much and if they are available.
I found them pepper spoons. There 1.50 a piece.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.