Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-07, 09:35 AM   #1
Kawabuggy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default O-Rings For Wacky Rigged Senkos?

I was checking on E-bay last night for prices on Senkos. I had just got back from Wally World where I paid $5 a pack (4 pieces in a pack) for Senko KNOCK-OFF'S! Not even the real thing-and they were over $1 each.

Anyway, great prices on Senkos on E-Bay for those that are looking for them. I have 50 coming to me for under $30 including shipping.

My reason for this post was that I came across another add on E-Bay listing O-rings to be used with this rig. I had never heard of this before, and wondered what you guys thought about this...?

How do you use the O-rings? Do they help to keep the Senkos from tearing?
I work at a transmission shop so I have literally millions of O-rings available to me at any time. If I can use them to make my Senkos last longer-I will do it!

Any input on this phenomena would be much appreciated.
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 10:05 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

You can put a small O ring over the senko or tiki right where the hook goes through to keep in place..The O ring holds it in place, you may be extra life out of the senko if it helps when tearing occurs.
I don't use the O ring but can see where it can help.(when whacky rigged)
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 11:07 AM   #3
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

When you say you have 50 of them coming, is that packs or single Senkos?
Cause If it's singles that's about the same as store price, if it's packs then I'll go order me some
Old 08-10-07, 12:26 PM   #4
Kawabuggy
BassFishin.Com Member

It is a single pack with 50 Senkos in it. I thought it was a fair deal since I am paying more than that for the knock-offs here locally. My Wally World does not sell the Tiki Sticks. I can get the Yamamoto Kinami's for a fair price-less than $4 for a pack of 8-but they only stock them in lime/white. They have ONLY that one color and I really wanted watermellon w/red fleck.

Anyway, I have 8 Junebug, and 8 Water-Melon w/red fleck from a competitor to last me until my Senkos arrive.

I have been to Academy sports several times but have not seen either the Tiki's, or the Senkos there... Not saying they aren't there, but I just have not seen them.
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 02:52 PM   #5
hackattack
BassFishin.Com Active Member

50 for 10 bucks...

you got jacked
www.alluringbaits.com
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-07, 03:07 PM   #6
CLENSKH

Send a message via Yahoo to CLENSKH

Ya they are cheap other places... But the O rings are the same things that came with the Banjo minnow if you have ever used it..
Old 08-10-07, 10:04 PM   #7
Rebbasser

I never fish a wacky rig without one. I got a device called a Wacky Tool which makes it real easy to rig them.
Old 08-11-07, 12:11 AM   #8
BigBassin144

Reb, could you post some pics of the wacky rigged worm, i'd like to see it, and i can't see much in JB's pic.

thanks,
BB144
Old 08-11-07, 03:39 AM   #9
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
...i can't see much in JB's pic.

thanks,
BB144
There's a lot of that goin' around these days

Anyway...
As Reb will attest, I use the "O" (it's all about the "O", you kn"O"w) when ricky-wagging a soft stick. My main reasons? To be able to more easily adjust the balance point so as to strive for a "flat" fall AND to make the lure last longer.
I usually take a small "bite" of the plastic when passing the hook 'neath the ring so as to make it less likely a fish can strip the lure out of the ring.
O-ring size is critical to success here. You must use one that fits snugly or you're wasting your time (and lures.)
So far as Reb's rigging tool is concerned...it works well, but is not designed to address the use of the small #46 O-ring that is needed for wacky-rigging the 4" Tiki, YUM Dinger, etc. These are thinner than the 4" Senko, you see, so the #46 is essential to their use.
I don't use the tool at all, but simply moisten the body of the soft stick with saliva (yuk!) OR something like Kick 'n Bass before inserting the narrower end of the lure in the ring and pulling it through until the ring reaches the desired point.
I almost ALWAYS use the Gamakatsu Weedless Finesse hook for this; The 2/0 for 5" sticks and Senko 4"; The 1/0 for the 4" Tikis and other "skinny" ones.
Good luck and pay attention to detail!

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 11:27 AM   #10
Rebbasser

Here you go, BB:

Old 08-11-07, 11:36 AM   #11
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackattack View Post
50 for 10 bucks...

you got jacked
www.alluringbaits.com

How are these baits to use? They look great on the website. Are they as good a deal as they seem?
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 12:44 PM   #12
sayn3ver
BassFishin.Com Member

Anyone use the tomato core color? It looks promising to me. Before i go ordering a bag of 50, what colors work best?
sayn3ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 01:07 PM   #13
Rebbasser

I'd stick with the traditional colors-watermelon, watermelon red, green pumpkin and junebug.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!
Old 08-11-07, 10:32 PM   #14
Andrew J.
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Alluring Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawabuggy View Post
I was checking on E-bay last night for prices on Senkos. I had just got back from Wally World where I paid $5 a pack (4 pieces in a pack) for Senko KNOCK-OFF'S! Not even the real thing-and they were over $1 each.

Anyway, great prices on Senkos on E-Bay for those that are looking for them. I have 50 coming to me for under $30 including shipping.

My reason for this post was that I came across another add on E-Bay listing O-rings to be used with this rig. I had never heard of this before, and wondered what you guys thought about this...?..
How do you use the O-rings? Do they help to keep the Senkos from tearing?
I work at a transmission shop so I have literally millions of O-rings available to me at any time. If I can use them to make my Senkos last longer-I will do it!

Any input on this phenomena would be much appreciated.
check out ALLURING BAITS, they have nice 4 and 5 inch senko knockoff's 50 for 8 and 10 bucks plus shipping
Andrew J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-07, 12:40 AM   #15
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettvet View Post
How are these baits to use? They look great on the website. Are they as good a deal as they seem?
Yes, but like any other lure they must be used in the right time, the right place, and in the right way.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-07, 09:53 AM   #16
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew J. View Post
check out ALLURING BAITS, they have nice 4 and 5 inch senko knockoff's 50 for 8 and 10 bucks plus shipping
16 cents a piece if they ate 8 bucks, that awesome. even beats BPS and Cabelas brands.
Old 08-14-07, 06:58 PM   #17
hackattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettvet View Post
they are awesome...surprisingly just as heavy as G.Y. senkos and a good 10 times as durable...all I use
hackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-07, 02:18 PM   #18
Stick-em

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em

Hey Reb,

I got a device everyone has that fishes hollow type tubes. Learned this from the Yamamoto Staff at the 04 classic. Take any color, any manufacturer and cut the hollow tube approx 3/8-1/2" wide. Slide it on your favorite senko type bait I'll say. If it doesn't fit, you should modify it to size add some glue and hook your hook to the tube bait and not the worm for added strength. You can also add a dab of glue to the hook area that's hooked under the cut tube bait to keep it in place. Sometimes the O ring cuts the worms so easily and you might try 2 to 3 O rings side by side and add some glue or fish as it is for less cutting of the baits when you catch Walter the big Bass.... Just had to throw that in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
I never fish a wacky rig without one. I got a device called a Wacky Tool which makes it real easy to rig them.
Stick-em is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.