Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-08, 09:20 PM   #1
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default bama football

Bamabassman, the Tide should be ashamed of themselves, they just tommy boy FIRED-maybe
Old 11-30-08, 05:24 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Whoops....maybe we should have let them score.

Old 11-30-08, 07:17 PM   #3
bamabassman

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. yea ol tommy has another year before he is shipped off or he takes another job. my guess is he is gonna try to up his resume 1 more year.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 10:50 PM   #4
Fishing Fanatic
BassFishin.Com Active Member

As an Auburn man it pains me to say it but.... Congrats to the Tide! They deserved the win. Auburn is definitely headed in the wrong direction. The Tigers need a new OC and new OC coaches top to bottom. They have talent but they need the leadership. Tuberville will have another year to right the ship... good luck in the SEC championship game and in the bowl game.
Fishing Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 11:00 PM   #5
WTL

Thanks.

Auburn probably needs to consider making a clean break, but I dont know who they would get. The perfect candidate would have been Paul Johnson, but he is at Tech now. They are having their recruiting base choked out by Saban, Meyer and Richt so they are going to have to go to an offensive system like an option or spread. Well, thats what they tried with Franklin, but Tubs and the assistants meddled with it.
Old 12-01-08, 12:30 AM   #6
Fishing Fanatic

Recruiting has always been tougher for AU. Because they are not a "state named" school. Heck some of the HS players don't even know where Auburn is. So far Tuberville has done a pretty good job with it and this years class appears to be a good one. AU has beaten top ranked Florida two times in a row. Tubs has been competive with both LSU and Bama with Saban at the helm. I don't think he is intimidated by that... at least he doesn't seem to be. My guess is that he made a huge mistake bringing in Franklin and not being able, for whatever reason, to make the adjustment to the spread. Word is that there was personality problems within the Offensive staff. I suspect Tuberville will correct that in 2009, and make a good OC hire. Thats been his track record. If not, he won't be back in 2010... you can bet on that. Bama looks good and apprears to be "back" again.
Old 12-01-08, 08:44 AM   #7
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

whats up with bama being 10 point underdogs to florida ?? !!!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 11:45 AM   #8
WTL

I don't follow recruiting much, but I have heard from a lot of people that Auburns current class is not very good - at least compared to the teams they compete against. Maybe we are hearing different things based on who you listen to though.

One thing is for sure, just cause Tuberville did well for several years does not mean its going to continue. He did what he did because Alabama was down. I'm not trying to rub you the wrong way, but I'm just going to say right now the Auburn program is not going in the right direction at all.

BTW, I can't believe he held 7 fingers up walking into the stadium. Dumb move.

Lowrider - Florida is a great team who tends to blow people out. Its smart money to put the line where it is.
Old 12-01-08, 12:17 PM   #9
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

wtl, i've been trying to double check my last statement...i just heard a couple of morning radio dummys say that. only thing is my work comp is blocked from any site relating to gambling !
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 12:32 PM   #10
cassidyta

The vegas line is 8.5 for Florida as of 8:30 pacific
I have found sites that list it between 8 and 11
Old 12-01-08, 07:26 PM   #11
WTL

What cassi said.

Now if it were me, all I can say is STAY AWAY from betting on this game!!! I have no idea what is going to happen, I could imagine scenarios with it being a Bama blowout, Bama close, UF close or a UF blowout.
Old 12-01-08, 10:56 PM   #12
bamabassman

well...... just my 2 cents here now. but if everyone remembers they said the same thing back in 92. i will NOT say we are sure to win. it will be a close game i think though. harvin is probably out or not going to be much of a factor,UNLESS urban is trying to suck saban in on a fake injury (which won't work). i am not a betting man on these games. bama has a VERY good chance of winning this game. i, like wtl, WOULD NOT BET ON THIS GAME AT ALL. but i like the fact that they are giving bama a hard time on winning. it'll make em more hungry to prove (like all year) that they aren't good enough. we (bama) are not a flashy team as for as big plays. we like to grind you down with the run, then take out the fight in the opponent. i like that in bama. if florida comes out and scores a couple times and we don't respond, it could be a long day for us. i think that is what they will try to do. but it COULD backfire on em. we'll have fun watching this one. i think it'll come to 4 quarters. yes... i will for sure be on pins and needles. lmao. but if we lose... i won't be at ALL ashamed. i have thought that we did good all year with what i call sub par talent. or i should have said YOUNG talent. just think what we will have for the NEXT 4 years. it's gonna be good to be a BAMA fan again.

if, and i say IF we happen to win it all this year. alabama has a chance to be the FIRST team to win 3 in a row. think about it. only 9 seniors. and SLEW of recruits coming in..... MAN it is gonna be AWESUM.
Old 12-02-08, 12:07 AM   #13
WTL

Bama - I am downloading a video torrent of the Iron bowl as we speak. I was in the end zone right where Siran Stacy threw the football so my view was not the greatest for part of the game, looking forwards to grading out our film haha.
Old 12-02-08, 01:03 AM   #14
cassidyta

Well, if the chalk shifts enough to get it to 7, then I will bet it on FL
Old 12-02-08, 01:52 AM   #15
Fishing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
I don't follow recruiting much, but I have heard from a lot of people that Auburns current class is not very good - at least compared to the teams they compete against. Maybe we are hearing different things based on who you listen to though.
Not really sure how you rank a recruiting class but right now this poll (take it for what its worth) shows AU at #12. Thats 8 spots better than last year. UA is at #4.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp
Old 12-02-08, 11:01 AM   #16
WTL

Look at it again.

12 Auburn 26 0 8 17 3.27 1,534

We have 2 months to signing day - Auburn already has 26 - which means they wont sign many more - which means they are going to start falling as soon as others sign more. Look at the average star rating. Not to mention that all the offensive players were signed to play in the Tony Franklin system, and we dont even know if yall are gonna run that. What I'm saying here is, Auburn is going to fall a lot more than 4 spots in the next 2 months.
Old 12-02-08, 11:03 PM   #17
bamabassman

and that will be end of teflon tommy.
Old 12-04-08, 12:20 AM   #18
Fishing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Bamabassman, the Tide should be ashamed of themselves, they just tommy boy FIRED-maybe
I guess you called it right. Tubs is out! Can't say I was totally surprised.
Old 12-04-08, 12:56 AM   #19
bcklash

I think Tommy boy is a good football coach--he will land on his feet somewhere. He is also an excellent fisherman, loves bass fishing.
Old 12-04-08, 09:48 PM   #20
bamabassman

i agree tommy was run out without reason. i mean he had a winning record. i heard that the reason he RESIGNED was that the higher ups wanted him to hire an entire new staff. he is loyal to his staff (most of them). and i commend him for that.
now as for who will replace him.....hmmmm. why in the world would leach come to auburn? i mean if he waits another year, weiss will be gone from notre dame. and he would have a mucho better chance of having nationl championship there than auburn. he would be crazy in my opion to go to auburn. wait leach.
who else? i can't remember his name, but the coach at the upper east school is a good choice.
anyone else have a choice for auburn? i am NOT trying to rub in anything. i want the S E C to have the best coaches in the land. but lets go for someone who would have a REASON to come. ok?
Old 12-04-08, 10:35 PM   #21
WTL

Good coaches Auburn could pursue?

First off, I think Leach is a legit possibility. He wants to prove he can run that offense in the SEC.

Skip Holtz at ECU is a good coach.

Mike Gundy at Okie State

Greg Schiano - although he is rumoured to be waiting on Joe Pa to retire

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.