Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-05, 08:53 PM   #26
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

that is a pumkin senko.
fishing2win.
look very closely at the grass. it does not come out more than what you see. the grass line is very definded at times- it does trickle out a tad to the left on this point - but i can tell you this put a diving crank at the edge of the grass-less than 12" of water- and you will not hang up to often. unless you hang a stump or rock.these lakes are rubble bottom. NO SUMERGED GRASSES. what you see is what you get..
this is a point on badin lake in nc..it has 4 more just like it although they aint on and outside bend in the river channel. the entire resort-inculding the 15-18th holes of a golf course-are grass covered.
this point gets nailed every weekend i fished it early caught the bass -as the time points out.
anybody who knows me knows i am an early bird i normally run the 8 miles to this point in the pitch dark still have NEVER fished it first in 2 years of trying. the first guy came off plane when i was still out 400 yards. all i did was take note as to what they were using. i slipped back to the secondary point 100 yards away. as i hit it #3 and#4 were on the secondary point and working in. i caught the bass and left the area. came back as #4 boat cranked up had to wait for #5 to fish it than i eased in took my pics as #6-7 boats came off plane in the area..i do not fish this point in tourny's as the pressure is to great ya think?

zooker
Old 12-09-05, 05:04 PM   #27
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It sounds like the pressure is to strong to ever catch more than 1 or 2 fish off it. It would seem that as soon as a fish comes up on the point and gets active it is caught.
When you said grass I thought emergent grasses. my mistake. Good illustration, Fish2win
Old 12-09-05, 06:53 PM   #28
Basspro wannabe
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
Basspro Wannabe,The best senko I have ever used is a Wave worm Bamboo stick in Sweet potato pie color.Its a orange,black,yellow swirled bait but its mostly bright Orange in color.The water is very clear here. P N J
I have never fished with a senko.
Basspro wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.