Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-07, 03:48 AM   #26
Recon8541
BassFishin.Com Active Member

FR,

And thank you for yours. 8541 is scout/sniper 0321 (or in some cases 0369) is the designation for recon.

Tank Commander/Unit Commander, So I assume you were an Officer?

I was Enlisted with E8 at the time I transefered to the Reserves. Dont know that Ill ever see E9, but thats ok by me.

Recon
Old 03-21-07, 07:37 AM   #27
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon8541 View Post
FR,

And thank you for yours. 8541 is scout/sniper 0321 (or in some cases 0369) is the designation for recon.

Tank Commander/Unit Commander, So I assume you were an Officer?

I was Enlisted with E8 at the time I transefered to the Reserves. Dont know that Ill ever see E9, but thats ok by me.

Recon
There's a coincidence for you! The Army enlisted MOS for Armored Cav Recon Scout was 11D (Tank crew was 11E.)
Yeah, I was commissioned out of college ROTC, trained as an Artilleryman, but chose Armor. My dad, a retired Artillery officer, nearly disowned me, especially since I was hatched at Fort Sill OK, the home of the cannon cockers.
My college major? Why, Music, of course! I was there on a Trumpet scholarship, y'see, but I did four years of "Rotsy" 'cause I had wanted to be a "horse soldier" ever since I saw "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" as a child.
My dream came true! We even wore spurs on laceless jodphur shoes with our Class A's, Dress Blues or Whites, and Formal Mess Dress. Wore tanker boots (definitely non-reg) with our fatigues. In one cavalry squadron, sabers were worn on special occasions.
Good times, 'cept for some nasty stuff in a faraway place, though I admit I kinda got off on some of that too.
I miss my faithful steed (See:Tank), especially at rush hour.

Nice to meet you, "Mac"...Semper Fi and Drive The Saber To The Hilt For Garryowen!
Bugler, sound "Charge"!

Rod, F.
PanzerHauptmann
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-07, 05:13 PM   #28
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod View Post
There's a coincidence for you! The Army enlisted MOS for Armored Cav Recon Scout was 11D (Tank crew was 11E.)
Yeah, I was commissioned out of college ROTC, trained as an Artilleryman, but chose Armor. My dad, a retired Artillery officer, nearly disowned me, especially since I was hatched at Fort Sill OK, the home of the cannon cockers.
My college major? Why, Music, of course! I was there on a Trumpet scholarship, y'see, but I did four years of "Rotsy" 'cause I had wanted to be a "horse soldier" ever since I saw "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" as a child.
My dream came true! We even wore spurs on laceless jodphur shoes with our Class A's, Dress Blues or Whites, and Formal Mess Dress. Wore tanker boots (definitely non-reg) with our fatigues. In one cavalry squadron, sabers were worn on special occasions.
Good times, 'cept for some nasty stuff in a faraway place, though I admit I kinda got off on some of that too.
I miss my faithful steed (See:Tank), especially at rush hour.

Nice to meet you, "Mac"...Semper Fi and Drive The Saber To The Hilt For Garryowen!
Bugler, sound "Charge"!

Rod, F.
PanzerHauptmann
The place I went through Basic and AIT, as a Missilehead Got assigned to a Cannon unit, and was made a radio repairman Funny, the only thing we did was switch out some parts, we didn't repair anything LOL. I was the driver of the track command vehicle/vehicles Since my platoon was in charge of radio stuff, I guess they decided we should also be in charge of the command post

Did you know there are three types of women in OK?
1. Those that are married.
2. Those that are looking to get married.
3. Barrell Racers

No I did not care for OK, and hope and pray I never have to go back! I avoid even flying over it if at all possible.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.