Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-06, 06:45 PM   #1
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Basser087 Caught Red Handed.....

Well I did a little researching with the Veritcle Lures company and asked them if John G. is on there sponsorship program and guess what he is. Looks like Mr. John has made everyone on the program think that he is promoting a product cause its that good well no he is just sponsored by them and I got a email from Veritcle lures saying so. Mr. G I think you should just confess up and not go advertising products for free on here. I don't really have a problem with you doing that but when you tell everyone nothing is in it for you that pisses me off. At least Fish On lets people know and stuff and doesn't lie. So what do you say? Maybe an apology to the board?
Old 01-22-06, 06:47 PM   #2
Fishie

Better yet he sent with the same email address as on here.

Can I get a DOH?
Old 01-22-06, 06:48 PM   #3
Fishie

He must be a owner?
Old 01-22-06, 06:50 PM   #4
Fishie

Not going to buy from this guy
Old 01-22-06, 06:52 PM   #5
PowerBass

DOH! That was stupid of him
Old 01-23-06, 09:43 AM   #6
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

I am in the sponsorship program with over 400 other anglers. We don't get any free tackle and we aren't paid. That was what I was asked and I did not tell a lie. I can help anyone order products by pointing you in the right direction, website address, but you must buy from the company. Anyone can join there program but you aren't guaranteed anything 400 people are up for 2 positions and many more are sure to join in as well. In my first post I had said that I was in this program but not many people due that much research. Also, my company is called JJ Finesse Lures and we're located in Michigan. If I was going to advertise for free it would be for my own company so that I would benefit but that doesn't happen.

Last edited by basser087; 01-23-06 at 09:54 AM.
basser087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 12:05 PM   #7
Kickin Bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kickin Bass

I for one, like and appreciate advertisements on new lures and tackle ... I don't mind seeing these self promoting plugs with website addresses so that I can go check them out.

But I would think to build a good reputation it would be prudent to actually advertise with whatever site you wish to get your name out there with. IE; talk to the website owners, pay a little $ and get a nice banner put up.

I check out all banners to see what stuff they are offering and I have made purchases at these websites. So maybe we will see JJ Finesse Lures up there soon ? Can't wait to check out what you have to offer.
Kickin Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 04:43 PM   #8
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

If you took effense to me promoting the new lures without any kick backs from the company I am sorry. I hope that this clears everything up.
basser087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 04:51 PM   #9
crankybait

fish ons a really cool guy, and yeah he does advertise and tell you... but assalt is already up there anyways lol. so basser, be like fish on and advertise an already advertising lure... not really everyone sees those ads anaywas
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.