Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-08, 08:11 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Carolina Rig01

Carolina I owe you big time bud. Went to a lake that I love to fish when the heat is on. With those 2 reels and a couple of rods that I put back together I really had a banner time. Wasnt there more than 15minutes when I slammed the hook home on a 4lber and in front of several boats as well. LOL One of em hollered out chit house luck. about 20 minutes later it was a repeat of earlier. Another the sister of the first one. Well pee'd off 3 of the boats enough they left. OH well cant handle the heat get outta my way. From then on it was like that till about 11 or 12 that night. I kept circling this spot on the lake and every round would pick up another. EVERY bass of the 9 that I caught where sisters of each other.....between 18 1/4 to 19"'s in length and healthy as a football. Wareagle spinnerbait slowrolled off the ledge in front of this house. Used to be a pond there till they flooded the lake. If ya look to the left of the picture you can see where the water comes out from behinf the old structure. There was like a ditch that went back there. From the back of the house it went around and dumped into the pond that was in front of the house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0027.JPG
Views:	517
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	2446  
Old 07-06-08, 05:24 PM   #2
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Monticello?
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 05:39 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hey laser...next time you are at that spot. how about going in the house. bet there are a few things left in there that are worth something. if i was near there, i wouldn't be able to resist going in and checking things out. i know that folks have probably already gone in, but, you never know unless you go in. maybe some old stuff like fry pans and such. fireplace mantles are good to get too. check it out next time.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 05:55 PM   #4
1/4 stick

That house looks like a wonderful hiding place for lots of cotton-mouth. Be careful if you do enter.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 06:25 PM   #5
tnfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

he should take a shotgun with him
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 07:02 PM   #6
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Wing View Post
Monticello?
Now how in the h@@@ did you know that Buzz. Thats exactly where I was at.

The rest of ya there is no way in this world I would get in that house. On a windy day you can hear the timber's creaking and the thought of being hemmed up with ole Cottonmouth well lets just say I would definately give it a try walking on water. Besides it is just a hull of a house now.
Old 07-06-08, 07:10 PM   #7
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
Now how in the h@@@ did you know that Buzz. Thats exactly where I was at.
An older member posted the exact same picture a few months back.
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 08:25 PM   #8
bamabassman

snake or no snakes, i'd just HAVE to go inside and check it out. heck...take a shotgun with ya.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 09:42 AM   #9
mont_lunker_hunter

Laser, in case you don't already know you may want to try one cove over as well (behind the island) there is a pond that is very similar to that one. It's about 15' on the pond side of the levee and about 25 on the other. I've caught a truck load there at times.
Old 07-07-08, 11:23 AM   #10
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont_lunker_hunter View Post
Laser, in case you don't already know you may want to try one cove over as well (behind the island) there is a pond that is very similar to that one. It's about 15' on the pond side of the levee and about 25 on the other. I've caught a truck load there at times.

I have a map showing gps locations of all the ponds, and creeks before the lake. Each finger in that lake is an old creek channel flooded with all 4 or 5 creeks running together near the boat dock end of the levy. there are humps out near that end that go from 1 1/2 feet to 30 feet deep in just a few yards of water.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 12:17 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

laser, that sounds like a great time bud. and you are welcome for the reels.
Old 07-07-08, 02:05 PM   #12
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

doc, isn't that about where you and the kid were? we knew it sounded like one of the ponds. that ditch is what you saw on the humminbird.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-08, 05:35 AM   #13
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
doc, isn't that about where you and the kid were? we knew it sounded like one of the ponds. that ditch is what you saw on the humminbird.
LOWRIDER you chit head. Good to see ya around bud!!I hope doc tole ya I asked about ya. Anyways we gotta hookup on the lake fellas. Dang there is Lowrider and Doc and Mont Lunk hunter. Man with you folks knwing the lake like ya do I am sure I can finally put one in the boat over 10lbs. I will be coming up there agin either Friday eveing or Saturday eveing. Ya'll pm me some phone numbers and I will give ya mine back. Maybe we can hoo up. that lake is my spot to fish until cool weather comes back around again.
Old 07-08-08, 12:00 PM   #14
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i know doc told ya but i'll throw it out there again. my fishing is probobly done thru this month with this dang cast on my leg and recouping from a ruptured spleen. (funny story) i know for sure i'm out this weekend anyway. gotta say though, i can hardly stand to take off that long. The Nurse Who Takes Care Of Me may just have to understand before this is over, cast or no cast, i must fish.

i've got you programmed in my phone so i'll call ya anyway.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 05:17 AM   #15
1FASTLASER

Ok bud. Understand the problems. When your ready your ready. Give a holler anytime your up to it.
Old 07-14-08, 03:31 PM   #16
mont_lunker_hunter

Doc, the map you have of the lake i'm assuming is the fold out map that is put out by the Chamber of Commerce and Kingwood Forestry. It is a [I]decent[I] map but not totally accurate. The creeks actually come together northeast of the spill way about 200 yards (where all the crappie fisherman fish in the winter). Also the two fingers on the south come together about 250 yards out from the southern most finger. There are several ditches throughout the lake too that the map you have won't show. The easiest way to find the ponds are to look for the isolated clumps of trees. I think their are about 4 or 5 ponds that are not on your map. There is a secret place on the internet that has aerial photos of the lake just before it was flooded, but their in black and white. I have some color photos of the lake at three different stages of flooding, and you can see pretty much everything that's there. I had an extra copy that i was selling on here last year, you just missed it!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.