Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-08, 05:07 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Anna - FNT

The Major and I got out for the weekly tournament last night. We hit a bunch of areas that will hold fish in the summer. The river temp has dropped by a couple degrees recently so I was expecting the lake temp. to be down too. Nope! We found 87-89 degree water in most of the creeks so we ended up out on the deeper drops and found some cooler water - 85 degrees!! It's getting late and we only have one small keeper in the boat and the Major sets the hook on a "small" fish "that won't help us out much." I get the net and have it set in the water waiting for him to bring the fish up. Surprise Surprise when a 4+ explodes out of the water at the boat . It flings the RC 2.5 (deep diver) right into my chest. Realizing what is happening I attempt to scoop the fish and it crosses over the net, flips it's tail, and waves bye-bye.

So I weigh in the one keeper and now we're in the running for smallest keeper of the year with a .70 lb largemouth!!! We had a fun time and I still have a sore spot on my chest from the crankbait. Sorry, no pics of the .7 monster!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.