Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-06, 07:32 PM   #1
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Your Opinion?

I've taken some heat lately on here about a couple of posts I've made about the new Jig X by Vertical Lures. I don't know of anywhere to get the products so I made a couple posts and some people just don't back off with the "your promoting" line. Isn't this sight for informing the rest of Americas fishermen about the new products that you find and no one may know about? If someone finds a new product I'd hope that they make a couple posts so that we all can find out about them. Can I have your opinion on this? Also, can you tell me what you think of the new jigs? I know more people believe in them than just me.
basser087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 07:35 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Are you benifiting from promoting these jigs, either finacially or by way of recieving something from the manufacturer? I thought you said you were being sponsored or something by them. You must be careful to not let your credibility be impeached, ala Bill Dance.
Old 01-21-06, 07:40 PM   #3
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

Nope not sponsored by them. No free lures and no money. I am a paying customer who likes the product and tries to share it with everyone. I like to spread the word of fishing. Please visit the link you'll see that I write a product review for a website and I didn't even mention Vertical Lures. I hope this link isn't against the rules I'm not trying to promote a non sponsor website just prove a point. http://www.southwestmichiganbass.com/productreview.htm
Old 01-21-06, 07:47 PM   #4
WTL

Why is it that you have to go to this length to promote them then? I have mentioned that I like AC Shiners recently. I figure thats enough promotion for those guys, a mention. I don't think posting several topics on AC Shiners is necessary. I don't feel the need to hunt down a link to their site. I don't ask other people how I am doing in promoting AC Shiners.

Spamming message boards is incredibly common these days. You must understand that your insistence on this product sounds more like spam than just a fishermen trying to give others a heads up. Thats just how it is.
Old 01-21-06, 07:53 PM   #5
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm not asking for your opinion on promoting for them. I'm asking that isn't this site for introducing a new product to everyone. Also, I don't plan on making any future posts on the subject because I have no reason to. Why post something if you're not making any profit. I just hope that getting a new product out will help someone catch some fish or collect a lure. I hope that everyone will make at least 1 post about every new product on the market.
Old 01-21-06, 08:00 PM   #6
WTL

Collect lures? Everyone will make at least 1 new post about every lure on the market? The bs on this site is thick enough, I think, without us turning it into a platform for the dissemination of marketing hype. I'll take a look at your lure, just try to understand and realize why people here thought you were on the take.
Old 01-21-06, 08:22 PM   #7
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

I understand why people would think so now. Didn't realize what I was doing at the time. That's how I ended up with abunch of lures too lol
Old 01-21-06, 08:40 PM   #8
Rebbasser

Easy, boys-don't go pullin' them pistols.

b087, I think I can explain the reason you have been taking some heat. One of your first posts was about those lures, and you said you were hoping to have them as a sponsor. Most of the time when someone posts something like that they stay long enough to plug a product and are never heard from again, and regular posters react accordingly. Obviously that is not the case with you, which is great, but since 99 out of 100 times the poster never returns I hope you can understand the hostility. If you had been around and posting for a while and then posted it after we were familiar with you it nobody would have given it a second thought. OK, enough of that. Lets get back to the important stuff-talking fishing!
Old 01-21-06, 09:10 PM   #9
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

Yes! Agreed. I want this issue to die
Old 01-21-06, 09:28 PM   #10
WTL

Reb as always you say what I meant with more tact. I never meant to be taken as condescending towards basser087, I just wanted to explain what was in play here.
Old 01-21-06, 09:52 PM   #11
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

087, It appears as though the line is suppose to thread through the nose and tie off on the underneath near the rear of the jig ? Your hook point alignment is out of line for getting a proper hook penetration.It will turn upward instead of straight in from the speed of the hookset. The line will have extra friction put on it by the way it is threaded through the nose and underneath the jig,zebra mussels are sharp as heck, there is a probable chance of losing alot of jigs which brings me to the last part. $4.00 for a jig, thats too much money for a lead poured jig that has a Mustad hook in it and most likely a Bio-flex skirt.Other than that, its still a pretty good product, simply because its a JIG. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 10:47 PM   #12
NJBassDevil
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Honestly, I think all this fighting is some what Kevins fault because he doesnt provide moderaters for the forum. People to edit things. I'm not saying I should be one. Maybe just Reb.
Old 01-21-06, 11:05 PM   #13
lonestarboater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to lonestarboater Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarboater

Don't start blaming people for the presence of a few small misunderstandings. Plus, Kevin can't be watching the forum 24 hours of the day. But maybe make guys like Reb, Zooker, and JB be moderators. Alot of other forums have too many moderators but just a few would be alright.
Old 01-21-06, 11:42 PM   #14
NJBassDevil

But its true. We need them now. You are right. Every other forum has them. And you even said it yourself, he cant be on here 24-7. So we need mods to keep the forum clean.
Old 01-23-06, 07:21 AM   #15
lizardsrule

First off having moderators won't stop arguments or crap. You can't remove a post just because you don't like someone. Eveyone has the right to their opinion. If you don't agree then so be it. But this is mild and moderators really wouldn't have done anything here to help. IMO. Kevin does a good job as it is. If you don't like a post or someone opinion then don't read it. Quit crying about folks who post here. This is America and they have the right until they cross the line. Kevin has done a wonderful job on letting some stuff stay but removing the ugly stuff and posters. I'm hearing this stuff all over this board right now. Either ignore what you don't like, or don't come at all.

Lizards
Old 01-23-06, 05:30 PM   #16
NJBassDevil

Um.....the moderates dont delete posts because they dont like someone. They lock the thread because an argument is getting out of control. Its not a like or dislike thing. Everyother forum has them and I dont see alot of fighting on those sites. Maybe once in a while but not as much as I have seen here lately. Kevin has done a decent job but the forum would be much more enjoyable knowing that there are several people watching the discussions. I'm not saying that Kevin isnt doing his job. He is. But he could help the forum out a little more by have a couple trusted people to look over the place as well. Now this is where I first got started bass fishing and I'm not trying to offend anyone or bash anyone. I'm just trying to make this forum a better place.
Old 01-23-06, 05:38 PM   #17
crankybait

i dont know, but having a bunch of your topics removed and posts cut away is sort of going against freedom of speech
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 05:56 PM   #18
NJBassDevil

There not getting cut away. The THREAD is being locked. And If you talking about the other site, please leave that out of this.
Old 01-23-06, 06:36 PM   #19
crankybait

not talking about the other site, just sites in general. and locked threads may be a point, deleting out of the question though
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 07:38 PM   #20
WTL

I'm not gonna get started on politics, but crankybait - this is not a freedom of speech issue. This board is privatly owned, meaning Kevin can censor it in any way that he would see fit.

And I don't think we have much of a problem. I'm not even sure where the fight was in regards to this latest issue, there was no name calling, no insults, no anger....just a disagreement. That is life gentlemen. Folks have diagreements whenever and wherever they assemble to discuss things.
Old 01-23-06, 07:58 PM   #21
va_basser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to va_basser Send a message via Yahoo to va_basser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBassDevil
Um.....the moderates dont delete posts because they dont like someone.
yeah some of them do..sad but true
Old 01-23-06, 08:00 PM   #22
zooker

i agree with rebs post.
it did come across as a advertisement thread.

billybob needs to LEARN not take the stuff put on here so dam seriously..-ya here billy bob?

njdipweed
i would lock your butt out if i could. half the junk you put in threads is a case of stupid..

zooker
Old 01-23-06, 08:09 PM   #23
basser087
BassFishin.Com Member

I apologize to anyone who felt that this was an advertisement for the company. I was trying to make it more of a product review so to speak. Also, I love your quote on the bottom Zooker Dam those ski boats!
Old 01-23-06, 08:24 PM   #24
zooker

appology accepted by me any way. i will NOT appologise for the 2-3 others they can get off their sorry butts and do it themselves. though one i would love to take a cricket bat to..

oh yeah the ski boat crack -is this not truth in boating or what...

zooker
Old 01-23-06, 08:57 PM   #25
NJBassDevil

Sorry Zooker, Never knew I offended you. I see the message board as a fun place to be. A place to joke and a place for info. I feel kinda bad when people dislike me because I never try to put anyone down or start fights. I always thought that I was liked on this forum.

Last edited by NJBassDevil; 01-23-06 at 09:15 PM.
NJBassDevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.