Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-12, 12:15 PM   #1
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default I made a mess...(sandbass/Hybrids)

This last weekend I was invited by friends on a yearly guided trip on Lake Tawakoni...This was my first experience on any sort of guided trip..I was obviously excited not only cause it was free..But also since buying the kayak Ive been wanting to explore multi specie fishing...I love bass,but I want to be more well rounded.

We were with two guides/boats who were friends with my buddies Dad...We launched at 6am..The first feeding wasnt far from the marina....When the shad boiled,that placed turned into a boat show!...Every other cast was a huge thick,bodied sandy....Needless to say,It was quite fun!..A few hybrids,mostly unders but a good fight!

After they slowed down we were on the move....Its really was neat to watch the guides work to keep you on fish,shake followers,etc...I stood next to ours to see how he was reading his graph,asking questions and picking his brain a bit....It was funny,...But on one particular spot, The lake bottom had nothing but small bumps that looked like nothing but changes on the floor.Like little dips and nothing I would ever consider bait fish or fish......But he got excited and pointed to them and said ''there they are''!...And sure enough,We started catching again.

We did a few more spots that were a little slower....Then used the down rigger to troll for hybrids....Caught one good one then the guide chucked a buoy marker and said ''Oh sh!t we need to fish!''....I looked at the graph and it blown up with arches and interference!

I mean every fish out was big and healthy!....I think the last hour was the best fishing from my view....We got back to the marina and both guides were apologetic for the slow day...Me not having anything to compare it too though thought it was flat out awesome!haha.

I felt I learned a few things...Both the guides were super cool,accommodating,and knowledgeable without hesitating to share...I think Ill get up early Saturday and see if Hubbard will spit a few out....I also learned the importance of carry binoculars

Thanks for looking...Heres a few pics.

Old 06-05-12, 01:15 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Man that looks like fun. I saw the pictures on facebook and was hoping you would post the details here. Good job buddy.
Old 06-05-12, 08:02 PM   #3
Jrob78

Man that looks like so much fun! It looks like you guys tore em up. The sand bass action can be hot and heavy when you hit a school and get on em. Glad you guys had a good time!
Old 06-05-12, 09:49 PM   #4
kennethdaysale

Hey Waffle if that's you in the striped shirt......don't get alarmed but there appears to be a foreign object (maybe a hook or leader or something) impaled clean through your left eyebrow!!
Old 06-05-12, 10:19 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like a perfectly awsome way to spend your day to me. Congrats on your great day on the water.
Old 06-05-12, 11:06 PM   #6
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Hey Waffle if that's you in the striped shirt......don't get alarmed but there appears to be a foreign object (maybe a hook or leader or something) impaled clean through your left eyebrow!!
Oh no, not even close, Waffle is the guy in the bottom picture on the far right with the dark green shirt on.
Old 06-05-12, 11:22 PM   #7
bcklash

Awesome Wafflejaw.
Old 06-06-12, 07:02 AM   #8
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Oh no, not even close, Waffle is the guy in the bottom picture on the far right with the dark green shirt on.
My bad then......I was just going by the resemblance to his avatar......I did see the dude in the green shirt, for some reason I thought that was the boogieman
Old 06-06-12, 10:48 AM   #9
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
My bad then......I was just going by the resemblance to his avatar......I did see the dude in the green shirt, for some reason I thought that was the boogieman
Thanks guys!...It was a lot fun...That 1st photo you can see the swimbaits we used..I thought that was just for the Hybrids...But apparently thats the big lure for the sandies on that lake ...I think it was just the Sassy Shad.
My home lake is good for sand bass as well...But Tawakoni sandbass are massive compared to ours!!

Kenneth no worries, ...The guy in my avatar is my homosexual son..I try to introduce him to manly things like fishing and watching the Ellen Degeneres Show,but all he wants to do is pillow fight and dance to techno music.

Im kidding
Im the long sleeve shirt with the sweet beard
The guy next to me in the Atari shirt,and the guy with the eyebrow ring are two of my closest friends..Most the other guys I just met that weekend.

The dark green shirt guy was the one who puts this together every year...(Atari and white sunglasses,Dad) .Anyone who feeds me fried chicken and crown on a marina is a solid dude
Old 06-07-12, 05:47 PM   #10
islandbass

Right on! Yeah, I love bass fishing too like everyone else, but it's good once in a while to mix it up and target other species.
Old 06-07-12, 06:00 PM   #11
WatterBoy

Very cool, Waffle! Looks like a nice mess o' fish to me. Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-12, 10:41 AM   #12
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbass View Post
Right on! Yeah, I love bass fishing too like everyone else, but it's good once in a while to mix it up and target other species.
Thanks Alex /Dean

It really is something Im working on...Im thinking about adding two rod holders to the back on my kayak so I can start trolling for Hybrids/sandys after a few hours of bass fishing...Be a nice way to change it up,really get use to and deciphering my FF....and get some good exercise and enjoy the paddle.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.