Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-12, 08:31 PM   #1
Dylanl
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Your Opinion On a New Crankbait Rod and Reel

I'm looking to get a rod and reel combo for crankbaits and spinnerbaits. I use mainly shallow running cranks but do once in awhile throw one that runs deeper. The same goes for spinners. I'm looking for your opinions on the set-up I'm looking at now and am open to other suggestions. The rod I'm looking at now is the Powell Max Glass Crankbait. It's a 7' MH MF action. Would this work well for what I'm looking to use it for? What's everyone's opinion on glass rods for a crankbait set-up? I don't want to spend much more than that price range because I don't think it's needed for the reaction type strike I'll get. The reel I'm looking at now is the Daiwa Exceler Crankbait. I'd usually spend a little more on the reel but I use a left hand retrieve and am having a hard time finding one with a lower gear ratio. Maybe a little higher gear ratio would be better for small cranks and spinners? I'm really open to other suggestions on the reel if anyone has any that would work well for what I'm going to be doing.
Dylanl is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.