Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-09, 11:40 PM   #1
Big E
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New To Forum

Hey Gang,

Ya got a great forum and I've noticed many are a half bubble off like myself. I'm retired and live for fun... fishing being on top of that list. Most of my experience is saltwater but lake and river fishing is coming to the forefront. I live in Oregon but relocating to Texas soon where all the grand babbies live - ages 3-8... 6 of them and I can't wait to spoil and teach them all about fishin' with Grandpa. Hope to meet some of y'all when I start fishin' there. Go by the handle of Big E. Looking forward to meeting you all and swapping lies... Also look forward to your help and advise. Are hip waiders required to navigate this forum? Big E
Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 01:31 AM   #2
BASSINPHOENIX
BassFishin.Com Member

welcome to the site and same thing here im 45 years old and just barely got back into fishing and loving every minute of it.my niece just got a job in a small town call pendleton,planning to visit her next month.
BASSINPHOENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 07:15 AM   #3
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Welcome Big E and BASSINPHOENIX.Hip waders work but not as good as chest waders.
Old 07-30-09, 08:24 AM   #4
woody

Welcome aboard Big E! It can get pretty deep around here.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 08:45 AM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hey! Welcome to the forum! They're just playing around most the most part, but, ya, there's the occasional quarrel! Have fun with the grandkids!

Where you gonna moving in Texas?
Old 07-30-09, 12:23 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

welcome to the site. woody is right, you might want some hip waders from time to time. jump in and make yourself a home.
Old 07-30-09, 12:27 PM   #7
Crank-Bait-Frank
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Welcome Big E and bassinphoenix.
Old 07-30-09, 12:31 PM   #8
Nater1300
BassFishin.Com Member

New here too. First post. Joined because I just bought my first boat (been fishing since I was too young to remember) and wanted to get some advise on it. Great to be here!
Nater1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 01:17 PM   #9
Big E
BassFishin.Com Member

I like how friendly this forum is... even with the occasional flap. I took my hip waders back and got the chest waders as recommended lol. BASSINPHOENIX... that town is about 4 hours east of me. Enjoy your trip. Thank you all for the welcome and the warnings...
Old 07-30-09, 02:04 PM   #10
JB

Welcome to both of ya! post any pictures of catches if ya want
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-09, 05:13 PM   #11
bcklash

Welcome BIGE & BASSINPOENIX
Old 07-31-09, 02:25 AM   #12
WTL

Welcome yall. I recommend speedos personally. It gets deep. But its fun. We have a lot of fun with it.

Where in Texas are you headed? I know I have done a little provisional checking in, seeing where the jobs and fishing are both good and Texas is a pretty good mix of things it seems.
Old 07-31-09, 08:40 AM   #13
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Welcome to the forums, both of you. Waders help, but keep a kayak nearby
Old 07-31-09, 11:45 AM   #14
Bob Smith

Welcome to the forum! Big E, I moved from Texas to Georgia in 2007 and hope to go back home some day. I too still have a bunch of Grandbabies back there! What part are you moving to?
Old 07-31-09, 12:09 PM   #15
aikenyounggun

well you are movin to one of the best places in the country to fish, Texas

welcome to the forum
Old 07-31-09, 12:46 PM   #16
Jim80

welcome aboard man enjoy the site, and look into scuba gear instead of the waders .

jim
Old 07-31-09, 12:51 PM   #17
MississippiBoy

Forget the waders, hip boots, whatever.....you just need to go for it!

Old 07-31-09, 02:27 PM   #18
Big E
BassFishin.Com Member

Smile Wow

Hey Guys,

Mississippi Boy... that's some nasty looking stuff to jump into... reminds me of, well...how would I say... ah... you know. BTW guys I'd scare the fish and myself if I was in speedos... I've ordered the skuba gear with add on kayak... anything else? The ole monkey has run off with the old credit card... can I borrow yours? Moving someplace between San Antonio and Austin cause that's where the kiddos are. Wanting to get right next to a lake so I can fish at night and blame it on sleep walkin' or something like that... any suggestions of excuses you use? I've already started a list of projects for Grandma to do so Grandpa can slide out the back door to wet a line. Actually Grandma is a fishin' animal herself. Difference is she is INTENSE while fishin' while Grandpa is laid back and just enjoys the day on the water. She wants to eat them and I let them go back. Tug a war it seems. Hummm
Old 07-31-09, 03:26 PM   #19
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
Hey Guys,

Mississippi Boy... that's some nasty looking stuff to jump into... reminds me of, well...how would I say... ah... you know. BTW guys I'd scare the fish and myself if I was in speedos... I've ordered the skuba gear with add on kayak... anything else? The ole monkey has run off with the old credit card... can I borrow yours? Moving someplace between San Antonio and Austin cause that's where the kiddos are. Wanting to get right next to a lake so I can fish at night and blame it on sleep walkin' or something like that... any suggestions of excuses you use? I've already started a list of projects for Grandma to do so Grandpa can slide out the back door to wet a line. Actually Grandma is a fishin' animal herself. Difference is she is INTENSE while fishin' while Grandpa is laid back and just enjoys the day on the water. She wants to eat them and I let them go back. Tug a war it seems. Hummm
Ya, yer gonna fit in jjuusssttt fine!
Old 07-31-09, 05:45 PM   #20
Big E
BassFishin.Com Member

Bass Boss... thanks. Before I retired I use to drive a maxi van. I built special racks on one side to hold fishing rods and equipment. Well at lunch time the monkey would lead the van to the nearest fishin' dealer. I was always suprised when I opened the back and find the monkey had bought me the exact rod and reel I had been looking at online and a new clear rubber boxes full of lures, soft baits, etc. I always took him fishin' with me 'cause he new where all the fishin' stores were. Dang monkey. I adopted him and now he's like family. He introduced me to his cousin... monkey boat. Next mornin' there was a new boat in the driveway. Let me know if you want to borrow him anytime. He's kinda like Santa... lol
Old 07-31-09, 06:21 PM   #21
keithdog

Welcome aboard Big E. I can tell your going to fit right in here. I'd opt for the step ladder rather than the hip wadders. Some of these guys can get a little.......anyways, it's a great bunch of guys and a few really cool gals in here too. Moving to Texas huh?! You lucky dog you. Some great fishing down there. I keep tellin the wife were gonna end up in the "good o'le boys state". Sounds like both you and the wife are going to have a great time fishin.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-09, 07:15 PM   #22
Big E
BassFishin.Com Member

Keithdog... I remember the days when working that I've stood many times stretching on the top step of a 32' extension ladder... I must have been nuts... lol. However, may have nightmares tonight after looking at that picture above from MississippiBoy. Probably be Oct-Dec before we get moved. I'm dreading the heat and humidity.
Old 07-31-09, 09:46 PM   #23
bamabassman

well i am a little late on the welcome wagon big e. but welcome anyways. as you have already seen, we are a very........well..............peculier group, lol. (i know the spelling probably ain't right,lol) but as it has been said, we have a whole lot of fun here. just kick off yer shoes and prop up yer feet. let the big toe outta that hole in yer sock cuz we all are the same on this site. CRAZY about fishing and having fun.

oh and the pic mississippiboy posted, that is how they take a bath over there. that guy was the last one. had to use the dirty water ya know.hahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 07-31-09, 11:43 PM   #24
Big E
BassFishin.Com Member

Bama... Shucks, I'm gunna just throw those socks away and go bare footed I reckin. Oh, thanks for explainin about the bath tub and about him havin' to use the dirty water... I can sleep tonight! Just call the Bait Monkey and tell him I said to get you one of them free AK-47's. Should be great for fishin'. E
Old 08-02-09, 03:59 AM   #25
islandbass

Welcome and greetings from the Pacific Northwest. Oh wait... You in the same neck of the woods as I am. Greetings anyway! Good to see another Pac Northwesterner here, a temporary one anyway. Do you belong to any of the local forums?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.