Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-08, 10:41 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default propane gas grills

Ok, let me start by saying that if you are a diehard charcoal grill fan this post isn't for you. Nothing against charcoal, I just prefer the convienience of propane. For gas grillers, if you were going to buy a gas grill and spend under $400.00, what do you think you would buy? I just know this is gonna open a can of worms thats worse than asking about a favorite fishing line! But I need to replace the grill I currantly am using. And the choices out there are endless. Webers are great, but boy are they expensive! Found a nice Brinkman, but the knobs are cheep and I really don't know anything about Brinkman. My last two grills were Charbroil, and even though many folks seem to dislike Charbroil grills, my last two have given me 10 years of service each, so no complaints about Charbroil from me. Sears Kenmore grill look nice, but after going on line and reading the customers comments, it sounds like there are a lot of people who purchased a Kenmore grill and are dissappointed with their grill. Some grills I have seen are not designed very well and there are obvious flaws in the design as far as keeping the weather, such as rain out of the grill. I found one brand at Lowes that had a lid where the front and back of the grill met dirrectly over the burrners with a small opening in which rain would fall dirrectly into the center of the grills interior! I'm looking for something over 600 sq.inches of cooking area. Also with an enclosed grill stand with front opening dooors for easy storage of the tank. Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates are ok, but prefer a heavy stainless cooking grate as cast iron rusts so badly, and porcelain scratches pretty easily. Any suggestions?
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 10:51 AM   #2
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

my wife got me a kenmore grill 2 christmas's ago and i love it , when i get home from work i'll get the model number a everythig for you but it has served me well .
Old 06-08-08, 12:07 PM   #3
zooker

keith
weber or a kenmore are good. but i got lucky my brother in law is a stainless steel fabucater who works for cape fear grills. he built mine several years ago..you don't want to know the price.but it is the best gas grill i have ever owned.mine weighs in at a chubby 200 pounds with propane tank..

here is a link just in case you REALLY want a 100% stainless steel gas grill-they are not cheap-just so you know mine is the deluxe model

http://www.wilmingtongrill.com/

zooker
Old 06-08-08, 01:07 PM   #4
keithdog

Thanks Jim, looking foreward to the info. Man O Live Zooker. thats an impressive grill!!! Maybe your brother in law should start marketing his own.
Old 06-08-08, 01:32 PM   #5
zooker

keith

$1900+ a piece..

zooker
Old 06-08-08, 08:19 PM   #6
keithdog

I checked them out Zook. whew Not in my near future for sure! lol beautiful grills though
Old 06-08-08, 08:45 PM   #7
Jim80

they apparently don't make the one she got me anymore but the closest one to it is
# 071 16125 you could punch in the last 5 digits and it should come up on the website .
Old 06-08-08, 10:38 PM   #8
keithdog

ok, thanks Jim
Old 06-10-08, 11:03 PM   #9
Christopherkeene9

Weber are the only way to go for a production grill!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 11:52 PM   #10
keithdog

Weber is a great grill. Unfortunatly they are not in my price range. I can get a 400$ Weber thats nice, but smaller than what I need.
Old 06-11-08, 08:57 PM   #11
crankybait

Our Charbroil works perfectly fine... I love it
Old 06-12-08, 08:35 PM   #12
keithdog

Well after looking at what seems like 100 grills it's down to either a grill from Sears or Charbroil. Having had two Charbroils that served me well I'm leaning towards that. But the Sears grill looks very nice. Gonna have to go back and take a second look at both.
Old 06-13-08, 11:43 PM   #13
Christopherkeene9

The charbroil is going to have to be replaced in less than 2 years when the burners don't burn evenly and you can only use about 1/4 or less of the actual grill!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-08, 08:49 AM   #14
keithdog

Actually Chris, the two Charbroils I have owned lasted me 10 years each. I simply replaced the burners every three years or so. And the new Charbrooil I'm looking at has a lifetime warrenty on the burners now. Free replacements.
Old 06-15-08, 05:58 PM   #15
keithdog

Well I ended up buying a grill from Sears. The Kenmore 071/16313. For $400.00 on sale it's a pretty nice grill. Hope I didn't make a mistake by not going with a similar Charbroil, but this grill had some nice features the Charbroil didn't have. There was a Charbroil that did have the same features, but it was their top of the line and over 600$. If your looking for a nice mid range priced grill, you may want to check this one out.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.