Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-05, 07:48 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the fishing remains as hot as ever. The wacky worm has been a killer in the shallow. Granted these fish are running small we are still catching a few good fish mixed in. The Lake Fork Trophy Tackle Twitch worm has been a killer for the wacky worm. I am using 15 pound line a straight shank 1/0 hook. I am weighting the head with a nail and working the bait about a medium speed on the twitch retrieve. The drop shot has been my next pattern. Look for fish on your electronics. I have been using about 18 to 24 inches between the hook and the weight. Small finesse worms have been the ticket for bait. The spinner bait bite has been good. Just get on the bank and go for nine miles and cover a lot of water. Tail spinners and jigging spoons have worked on the humps, road beds, and points. The bar fish are starting to show up and this is a great fighter for the just want a bite fishermen. Remember when you are catching bar fish there are big bass close by as they like to eat the bar fish.
The crappie have been medium to small around the bridges. The cold weather wont stay for a while. This is the key to getting the big fish to show up. The timber has been holding some nice fish. Get you some minnows and drop down to 18 to 25 foot of water and you should start catching some better fish.
I still have November dates open so give me a call.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918-5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.