Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-05, 08:09 PM   #1
River stumps
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Spook in hand

This morning I was in the Intercoastal waterway throwing a spook across a stump that I didn't know was there, I hook up on a small bass, he went down and got the spook hooked on a root, and as I was trying to get my spook, the little bass was moving and I got stuck with the new gama hook that I had just put on yesterday, ( Man those things are sharp) the barb burried into my palm, and I was bleeding alot, I had to get the fish off before I could get the hook out. I finally got him in the boat, and was looking for my pliers to remove the hook. And at the same time a huge barge loaded with gravel was going bye, the waves got me and I lost my footing and I went into the drink. Here I am in the water with a spook burried in my hand, and 14 Lb test line wrapped around me, I lost my pliers. When I finally got back into the boat, I found another pair pliers and cut the shank and pulled the hook through. I dried myself ( at my age, I have to carry a change with me) I changed into some dry pants, and got my first aid kit out patched my hand up. I thought my day was wasted, but I picked up a 3/8 spinner bait and threw at that same area and hooked up on a 4 Lbr. I got home, told my wife and she hasn't stopped laughing. I didn't think it was funny at the time but now that I look back, it wasn't only funny, it was stupid on my part for getting stuck with the spook and then standing up as a huge barge was going bye. Goes to show you that you're never too old to learn. Well so much for my mistake.
Old 09-27-05, 08:33 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

lol sounds like an expierence to me river........
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 09:08 PM   #3
thomas32140
BassFishin.Com Member

ouch ive had that happen to my finger before
thomas32140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 09:13 PM   #4
flachristopherkeene9

LMOA. Had it happen with a manns -1. Throwing it across a canal. Got it stuck in a cypress tree. Went around to undo it and grabbed the tree pulled it back (small tree) and the lure slung into my finger about 1mm from going past the barb. While my line is tight across the canal. Hurt like heck.

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 11:30 PM   #5
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i was throwing a pop-r and caught a 5 lber.the treble got stuck in pants and the fish started shakin'.one trble in its mouth,one in my pants.after he started shaking i sam red going down my leg.yup it was blood,and i decided to unhook the fish first and i hooked him goooooood.took 15 minutes to get it out of the fish.only took a second to take it out of me,
Old 09-28-05, 06:51 AM   #6
1FASTLASER

Been there Done that The other day took my son fishing and I iwas throwing a bandit the ne with the mustad triple grips. Got hung in a tree high enough had to satnd on the seat to get ahold of the lure the boat moved and yes those hooks are SHARP. The boat started moving and I had not broke off the branch yet ....you get the picture. I now have figured out there aint NO WAY IN HE** I would get a body piecing besides a bandit hangin from a body part just dont look right.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-05, 10:04 AM   #7
Fish2win

Tha would make a great film. I ahve had that happen with a Rapala except it was while taking the hook pout of a smallmouth. Never fell in though. That had to add insult to injury. Better get some SUSpenders my man. We arnt as sure footed as we were at 18. Great story Fish2win
Old 09-28-05, 01:59 PM   #8
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

i had a bandit that i casted into a bush. i was prolly like 11. and i ripped it out and the one treble got in my shoulder and the other one went in my armpit. the one on my shoulder the barb didnt go in but the one in my armpit did. it hurt really bad to get that barb out of my armpit. my dad was laughing so hard when he was helping me and his cigarette fell out of his mouth and burnt the top of my thigh. that was a rough day. lol.
Old 09-28-05, 07:27 PM   #9
KH.

whem you see spook in hand ur not kidding are you?
Old 09-28-05, 08:07 PM   #10
River stumps

No kh! I'm not kidding. The hook burried itself intothe palm of my hand and I had to cut the shank of the hook and pull it through. It was painful. But it taught me a lessons, never to do a trick like that again.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.