Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-07, 09:29 AM   #1
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Brookville Lake

I went to Brookville Lake yesterday.Got on the water at 1pm,I tried to talk my buddy JB into going but he was having some ink done..so I went over solo.I went to this cove down by the causeway,I started out throwing a Bomber Shad crankbait 8-12ft diver and switching back and forth with a
3/8 oz Chatter bait Chart w/white grub 4".I was throwing around logs and stick ups.Nothing intill I got around the corner and then I hooked up with what had to be a Striper cause I couldn't get this thing up and he was pulling drag.This all happened for about 5 seconds and he got off.Then I switched back to my Chatter bait.There is this nice lay down in the water with two stumps at the end the two stump are about 10 inches from the lay down and just below the surface of the water.I casted my bait beyond
my target and as i got closer I brought my bait between the stump and lay down and BOOM! I got a 3lb 3oz large mouth.I got a pic of it but i don't now how to post it on these websites..sorry,but the fish was awesome.Fished some more and didn't get anymore takers.moved down the lake to two more coves and nothing.Went to the upper north end and managed to get a striper on an Old Rebel shad bait I have had for years.It weighed about 1lb.And that was about it for the upper end.I went back to where I got the 3lb bass and started out tried other baits and nothing so I started throwing the Fluke (pearl blk on top) and got one on it weighed about 1.5 lb.And I headed to the ramp.I had a great time but it wasn't the same with out JB,He's ablast to fish with.
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-07, 09:46 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

wtg denny, give me a call next time ya head out!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-07, 11:08 AM   #3
JB

well, we headed out the next day but by the look on all our buddies comming in to the ramp as we were heading out, things have slowed down, for that day at least. Most are cranking or using the rogue for bass and walleye, everyone is getting a few here and there.
I noticed the shad weren't as visible on the top of the water, and there was less busting of shad as you looked around, still one or two hear n there.
We mosting cranked with some cotton cordell shad rap like crankbaits. Denny nailed a decent LM and later a smallie, I got skunked, but the lake is still got plenty of time to fish. They let the water down about a foot so far each week, and the water temp on the chilly morning was upper 60s, by afternoon 70-72. Now a midwest heat up is here for a week, I expect temps to remain in low 70s.
Lots of walleye fisheremen trolling and picking them up here n there.
Ran into a ballheadedGeek from here at work that was using a tube on the rocks and gettng small smallmouth, but for now we are in the crankin' mode.
Old 10-15-07, 11:38 PM   #4
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Sounds like a great day on the water!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-07, 05:54 PM   #5
JB

We plan on hitting brookville Sunday, but this time target bigger small mouth on tubes, off points. Last time at wolf creek we located several points with big boulders leading into deep water. This times I'm working the area over with the rattling rogue, and then flipping a tube to work the rocks.
Still windy and 70s here, kinda cool 40s in the morning up later afternoons are sunny and breezy.
Old 10-21-07, 08:36 PM   #6
thebus71h
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

I'd love to meet either one of you guys, you probably know my father in law, as he's fished around these parts for a long time. Keep talkin about Brookville, I'm starting to learn. lol
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.