Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-07, 09:20 PM   #1
lance
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Fork Bass Fishing Report

October is almost gone; so far the fishing has been awesome like the rest of the year.
This year has been so constantly good very good, and now we are going into
The best time of the fall bite. Lake Fork bass are feeding up for the winter and I guess
They want to be fat because they are eating all day it seems .The shallow fish are biting on
Spinner baits and top waters early and late. Grass fish seem catchable all day. And the deep fish
Are on when the sun is up 10 to 5.
We’re catching fish early on Frank Johnson’s ½ oz spinner bait white and chartreuse
With a Colorado and willow leaf blade, above the hydrilla in water from 1 to 6 foot deep.
The spinner bait works best if the wind is blowing.Topwaters have been working if the
Wind is not up. I have been doing best with the zoom Horney toad in green pumpkin
With the legs dyed chartreuse.
When that bite is over we are hitting and couple of worm holes in water 7 to 12ft depth
Mostly the end of grass points, there are some big ones in the grass. Be ready for a monster
Bite around the grass, not all the big fish move to off shore structure in the fall. We are using 17lb and 20lb
Vanish Fluorocarbon for the heavy duty work .Rig your worm rod up with a ¼ oz weight 3/0 hook
And an eight inch worm and work the edges of the grass and drop offs for a bite. Blue Fleck and
Tequila sunrise has been good colors.
Now that the shallow stuff is covered let’s get to the real meat of the fall bite.
Yes you guessed it the deep bite. I learned most my deep fishing knowledge from bass fishing greats such as Mark Pack, Richard McCarty and Ronnie Byrd. Following in their footsteps and improving
As the lake grows older and new lures hit the market I have been on the leading edge of the deep
Bite for years. The large schools of shad and yellow bass attract the top of the food chain
On Lake Fork, MONSTER BASS……….
Finding the food source, Shad and yellow bass is the first step to finding trophy bass.
Start your search on road beds, deep points, and humps don’t stop your boat until you
Have found baitfish and or bass on top of the piece of structure you are looking at.
When you do drive past the baitfish or bass and drop a buoy so you can stay with the fish.
Now load up a rod with 17lb fluorocarbon and a Frank Johnson ½ spoons.
This is first choice for fall fish. Throw over the school of fish and let sink all the way to the bottom
Then hop up and let the lure fall on slack line this is when you’ll get the bite.
During this time of the year you can catch fish on the bottom at 25ft deep and catch them
On the surface in the same spot 5 minutes later that’s what makes fall fishing so fun.
Another lure that works well for both the fish on the bottom and for the fish that are schooling on the surface is The Storm swim bait in the 4 or 6 inch size. I have found the best color the be the shad
Color. If I am throwing the spoon on the bottom and the fish school on the surface I will have this lure ready and throw right at them and reel like a rattle trap. Let’em load up on it before you set the hook.

The fall action is hot right now; call now to feed some hungry bass.
www.Lakeforkbass.com
903-312-0609
FISH ON
Lance Vick
lance is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.