Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-07, 08:51 AM   #1
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stick Marsh/Farm 13 Florida

Every year at this time the fish start getting quite predictable and not only is this year following the patterns, but the volume of fish make the forecast look like it's going to be a banner year.

Days of catching over fifty, and yes, over 100 bass have been seen in the last week. Shad busts are happening and if you get in the right spot and use the right bait that's what you will see. Being in the right spot will make the difference between catching almost nothing and catching the big numbers. In addition, get in the right spot and see multiple fish 6-pounds or better.

I have had several e-mails asking about Don Willis and Steve P. Yes people, they are still very active out there and yes they have been spot dead on them. Their lack of reports are for the same reason: they are sick of the internet rebuttal crap, and they don't wish to inform some where they are fishing. I know for both they have had multiple days over the last week with huge numbers and jumbo bass.

Booking a trip for the upcoming season is going to be a bit tougher if you don't get your desired days in earlier this fall. With the last years drought, the ensuing difficult fishing because of water levels and conditions, and the high gas prices, the numbers of guides out here has dropped drastically.

Safe navigation on the lake presently is of little concern as unlike most Florida lakes, we have plenty of water. Drifting the south end of the Farm with drift socks will pose no problem this year, so breezy conditions will be far less of a concern. The road coming in is in fair to good shape.

Baits that have been working best: rattle traps - small crank baits - hard jerk baits - Swim Senkos - Carolina rigged plastics. Plastics are dark, traps are chrome/blue. Watch for shad busts: realize that you are not watching for a single bait/prey situation but rather substantial top water activity. I you start chasing the single events you will be running all over the place and not having much success. If you find a school of bass, sit still as the shad will come back through the area again and re-excite the bass. You have to be ready, you have to be fast, and you need to cast accurately.
Basically this time of the year finds the bass south of the E/W ditch on the Farm. However don't forget to check those ditch edges! Running water can be a real producer, but so far this year the spillway area has not been a hot and heavy area. However, it is an area to check as it can change anytime there is running water. The pump house has been good if you know what to do in there, and how to set up.

November has always been a good month on this lake.

Yes, she is over 10-pounds. As you can see, sometimes it can get cool.

[img]
http://www.imaginationbassin.com/photogallery/November2004/November2004/DCP_0016.JPG[/img]
Another November monster. Again, another chilly day.

This one went over 12. As you can see we also have nice warm weather
also.

Over 10 and fell for a deft presentation of a Senko/watermelon. Mark caught this one in the 1st 1/2 hour on the lake.

This lake is a producer, and we know where to find them and how to fish for them. It's early enough for me to have quite a few days open, but that isn't going to last. Give a call and book now. See you on the water.
Old 10-17-07, 05:56 PM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

WOW! Over 100 fish in 1 day? That's great! If I'm ever down near yall I'll see if I can get a trip booked!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 11:18 PM   #3
Super Fluke
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Dang, those are some nice fish.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.