Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-09, 11:01 PM   #1
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default booyah products

i will never buy another booyah product again if i can help it....they are worthless.

i bought a couple crankbaits made by booyah a while back, and finally used one of em for the first time today in a tourney, and it cracked right at the lip, just from the pressure of being reeled in.
i figured "oh well, prolly just a defect....guess thats a sign to try something besides a crankbait". so i decided to try a white booyah spinnerbait....the first cast, as i went to cast it out, it caught the tip of another rod i had on the back deck....the wire bent so bad it was unfixable....it didnt even look like a spinnerbait anymore.ive never even had a frickin walmart spinnerbait do this before. i will be sticking with Gbassmans buddy for spinnerbaits and strikeking for crankbaits.

booyah will never get another dime of mine for there crappy products.

sorry for all the ramblin...had to let off some steem....
fishin spro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-09, 11:27 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

intereesting spro...you are the first to say anything negative about bouya spinners. hmmmm, i haven't used any of them as of yet. i got 2 from gbassman's maker, can't wait to try em out either. they look so good. gonna have a few more made too. thanks for your input. and it's ok to vent as well,hahahaha. we all need to do that.
Old 03-28-09, 11:51 PM   #3
WTL

Theres nothing wrong with booyah spinners, and crankbaits having a lip crack off happens. I know I remember seeing it with both Rapala and Pradco lures.
Old 03-29-09, 12:48 AM   #4
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham

I like the booyah spinnerbaits, the only problem ive had is the wire twisting around a bit, nothing unfixable, never used a booyah crank though, i love the baby boo jigs though! maybe you were just havin a horrible day? i think ya oughtta givem another shot
Old 03-29-09, 03:38 AM   #5
zaraflux
BassFishin.Com Member

Ive had all kinds of spinnerbaits mangle like that not just booyah but several terminators especially the tungsten models if they hit something with enough force theyre done.Booyah cranks?these come out recently?
zaraflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 07:32 AM   #6
Lancer6

I've used Booyah spinnerbaits, so well as many other brands, for several years and have had NO issues with the Booies. It may be that some escaped the factory that were less than perfect, however.
Case in point: A few years ago I purchased perhaps eight Terminator spinnerbaits (the high-end ones.) Of those, the wires were more like thin lead wire than tungsten. They bent easily and did NOT self-straighten.
I Emailed Terminator and alerted them to the problem, asking only that they be aware and to let me know the cause, if discovered. I got no Email response whatsoever but DID receive several spinnerbaits, at no charge, within a very few days. That was nice of them but I still wonder what quirk of metallurgy occurred to cause the problem I encountered.

Lancer The Sixth
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 09:05 AM   #7
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

well i dont use Booyah a lot but isnt the spinnerbait your fault?? i mean you did hook it into another rod and try to throw it out there...... it is a lot of pressure on a tiny wire

not tryin to call you out im just sayin
Old 03-29-09, 09:10 AM   #8
Bassboss

Bama's right! Never heard ANYHTING bad about boohya spinnerbaits, never used a crank from them though.
Old 03-29-09, 10:05 AM   #9
abu4600

Booyah makes some good lures. Give them another try. Never seen a booyah crankbait though.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 10:09 AM   #10
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

never used a booyah crank myself but I have never had a problem with their spinnerbaits and I use their baby boo jigs quite a bit , give em another shot I am sure you were just having a bad day .

jim
Old 03-29-09, 10:26 AM   #11
Joel

Been using Booyah products for years, and they're certainly a good value for the money. I really like their jigs and spinnerbaits. Since the wire arms aren't Titanium they will bend a lot easier then what you're usually use to. As for their crankbaits, I only use Rapalas and a few Lucky Crafts. I've had a few bills crack and even break off a few Rapalas. Of course one time it was after I hit a rock on the cast.
Old 03-29-09, 02:11 PM   #12
fishin spro

i may be wrong but i am pretty sure the crankbait was a booyah....it was a fairly small one(3-6ft)
i have had a couple crankbaits crack overtime after hitting enough stuff....i had a sexy shad crankbait crack the other day after being bounced off a train trussel(it was actually the same one that i stuck in my knee) but i have never had one crack just from being reeled through the water like that
Old 03-29-09, 02:17 PM   #13
Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin spro View Post
i may be wrong but i am pretty sure the crankbait was a booyah....it was a fairly small one(3-6ft)
i have had a couple crankbaits crack overtime after hitting enough stuff....i had a sexy shad crankbait crack the other day after being bounced off a train trussel(it was actually the same one that i stuck in my knee) but i have never had one crack just from being reeled through the water like that
If it wasn't a new crankbait, it could have already been damaged from some previous encounters you had, and it just finally gave way from the stress of being reeled back in.
Old 03-29-09, 03:46 PM   #14
The Doc

Booyah doesn't make crankbaits. I have had my fair share of problems with Booyah spinnerbaits, but you can say the same thing of almost every mass produced spinnerbait out there. My major issue with Booyah is the paint on the head isn't durable at all. It will flake off after just a few uses, even if you don't come in contact with any cover... now as far as hand made spinnerbaits, that's the way to go if you can afford to spend the extra couple bucks on em.... Here's one that I like:

My buddy down in Georgia makes this one. I've thrown em into cypress trees, rocks, railroad trusses, ect... and the paint hasn't flaked off yet.
Old 03-29-09, 04:41 PM   #15
fishin spro

gbassman's buddy makes some nice handmade spinnerbaits...and he custom makes em to your needs down to the finest details too.
Old 03-29-09, 05:29 PM   #16
dodgeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Been using Booyah products for years, and they're certainly a good value for the money. I really like their jigs and spinnerbaits. Since the wire arms aren't Titanium they will bend a lot easier then what you're usually use to. As for their crankbaits, I only use Rapalas and a few Lucky Crafts. I've had a few bills crack and even break off a few Rapalas. Of course one time it was after I hit a rock on the cast.
i've busted a bunch that way too joel!!!
Old 03-29-09, 06:25 PM   #17
zooker

Quote:
i will never buy another booyah product again if i can help it....they are worthless.
he aint the first and wont be the last...i also refuse to use booya's i have used the blades, not worth the money..the blades tend to turn "into" and object instead of bounce off it..which results in more hang ups. i belive it has something to do with the head shape..

zooker
Old 03-29-09, 07:26 PM   #18
The Doc

Anyone tried one of the Lucky Craft spinnerbaits yet? I'd love to know how they are, considering they are $13, I'd like a few opinions before I buy a few.
Old 03-29-09, 09:30 PM   #19
Panthrosan

I have several Booyah's, some Walmarts, some Strike-Kinds, and some others I have forgotten the names of. I have really had no problems with any of them, but I only fish non-heavy cover areas and haven't had to bring the lures back through rough patches. I must say though that the Booyah's seem to have held up a bit better than the rest in terms of maintaining shape.
Panthrosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-09, 10:17 PM   #20
zaraflux
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Bandit maybe?
zaraflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 03:15 AM   #21
CCbass

The only booyah's product I have ever used is the buzzbait long shank bouble buzz. All I can say is it worked for me and even did a show of mine with it.
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 03:45 AM   #22
S4il

Terminators all the way, i find em on sale for 3-4 bucks a piece at stores, buy all the same size, go home and switch out the skirts, and put new blades on em, really nice to see em get all bent out of shape, and have em snap right back into form.
Old 03-30-09, 10:06 AM   #23
Lancer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4il View Post
Terminators all the way, i find em on sale for 3-4 bucks a piece at stores, buy all the same size, go home and switch out the skirts, and put new blades on em, really nice to see em get all bent out of shape, and have em snap right back into form.
From my post of yesterday:
"Case in point: A few years ago I purchased perhaps eight Terminator spinnerbaits (the high-end ones.) Of those, the wires were more like thin lead wire than tungsten. They bent easily and did NOT self-straighten.
I Emailed Terminator and alerted them to the problem, asking only that they be aware and to let me know the cause, if discovered. I got no Email response whatsoever but DID receive several spinnerbaits, at no charge, within a very few days. That was nice of them but I still wonder what quirk of metallurgy occurred to cause the problem I encountered."

Still haven't figured out why that happened and Terminator remained mum on the matter.
You mentioned you change blades and skirts on the T'nators you purchase.
Is that in ALL cases? I ask because some of them have, in my opinion, some pretty decent skirt colors and I have done well with those that have the "Oklahoma" blade (the one that looks like a shorter and fatter willowleaf. It has similar lift and noise factor to a Colorado.)
In fairness, although I've only a very few of the T'nators left in the arsenal, they've performed well save for that weird-wired batch I mentioned.
"SOB" spinnerbaits are made here in the San Antonio area and I'm interested in arranging a visit to perhaps purchase a few and discuss some custom skirt-making. I recall using a lot of the SOB spinnernaits during a previous era (Ice Age?) and had no complaints whatsoever.

L6
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-09, 09:19 PM   #24
bassboy11
BassFishin.Com Member

i didn't know booyah made cranks

but every time i use one of their spinnerbaits they always catch some bass you should just give it one more chance
bassboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.