Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-10, 07:29 PM   #26
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm sure I've said before how I delivered pizzas all through college. Well, when I went in the apply for the job, I walked up to the counter, handed my app to the manager behind the counter. Before she read any of it, she asked me "do you have any experience?". I told her "I probably have more experience than you do." I thought my girlfriend was going to faint from embarassment.

I got the job, arrogance notwithstanding.

I won on that day, but I would have to give a general no-no to showing up your prospective boss before you even get hired.
Old 01-23-10, 07:55 PM   #27
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I went to a interview at one grocery store while on lunch and in uniform for another company. Got the job and a dollar more an hour.
Old 01-23-10, 10:04 PM   #28
BassBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Before she read any of it, she asked me "do you have any experience?". I told her "I probably have more experience than you do." I thought my girlfriend was going to faint from embarassment.

I got the job, arrogance notwithstanding.

I won on that day
We believe you.
BassBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-10, 01:54 PM   #29
Abbeysdad
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

In a past life, I was a shift leader in a manufacturing plant for about 20 years and interviewed hundreds of applicants. So here's a few thoughts off the top of my head:
If the application isn't on-line and you fill it out by hand, take your time to make sure it's neat and legible, even if you print. A sloppy application suggests a sloppy person.
If/when you get an interview:
- yes, wear decent clothes. Middle road - your interviewing for a job, but yer also a teenager - so neither a tux nor rags will do.
- be confident but NOT cocky - a manager will see a cocky teenager as more trouble than he's worth.
- make sure your answers are honest and to the point. No one wants a BSer.
- make sure you look him in the eyes when answering (to establish a connection and a sense of truthfulness in your answers - nothing worse than someone looking at their shoes when they answer a question).
- Don't choke up, be friendly and relaxed.
- at some point s/he may very well say something like 'we're interviewing a lot of candidates for this position...why should we consider you over them...be prepared for this. Make sure they know your passion for the outdoors and fishing, that you would be a hard worker and really want the job and your only constraint on work schedule is school.
Also, since you're limited to part time work, be prepared to answer how many hours per week you'd be available to work.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.