Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-09, 08:57 PM   #26
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

they also had a lot of razzle dazzle facts to go with it but i was trying to listen to it over my wife talking.

LOL
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 03:12 PM   #27
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The guy is bad news. Lets put together a list of what he's done so far (help me out):

1. Gave 1st speech as US President on Arabic TV
2. Plans to do away with some of our most effective means of interrogation.
3. Close Guantanamo Bay (inevitably some will go free...where else will they go?)
4. Plans to pull out of Irag and go immediately into the Israeli/Palestine conflict...(isn't
that trading apples for apples?)
5. Who knows what with gun control...but it'll be bad news for honest citizens.
Old 01-29-09, 03:25 PM   #28
carolina-rig-01

it's kinda funny, lastnight they had a poll on cnn and something like 83% of the people said this isn't change. how many of that 83% were the ones who wouldn't shut up about how great obama is prior to the election?
Old 01-29-09, 03:27 PM   #29
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont_lunker_hunter View Post
The guy is bad news. Lets put together a list of what he's done so far (help me out):

3. Close Guantanamo Bay (inevitably some will go free...where else will they go?)
4. Plans to pull out of Irag and go immediately into the Israeli/Palestine conflict...(isn't
i think he also said that college football also needed a bcs playoff system, and the way i took it he was saying he was going to try to make them go to a playoff system of some kind. well i agree that college football does need a playoff system but with all that is going on right now i would think the leader of the free world might have bigger thing on his plate than college football.
Old 01-29-09, 03:45 PM   #30
WTL

Quote:

I agree with number 1. That was a good decision. We have heard all his rhetoric, but if there is one place that his rhetorical skills may come in handy its foriegn diplomacy. Giving an interview, his first as POTUS, on a popular Arab station might help us undercut the common belief over there that we are just sadistic raghead haters (which is why al qaeda is able to recruit)

I also tentatively agree with #2. Our government should not approve of torture in a systematic manner. That includes water boarding. Now, if a soldier on his own intitiative were to capture Bin Laden, I wouldnt object to him taking a pair of vise grips and a blowtorch along with, but under his initiative. Torture is a dangerous thing for government to get cozy with.

#3 is obvious, GITMO or no, we gotta put them somewhere.

#4 we have no business trying to broker a deal between blood enemies. Its a bad situation, we should stay out.

#5 Already discussed.

Quote:
i think he also said that college football also needed a bcs playoff system, and the way i took it he was saying he was going to try to make them go to a playoff system of some kind. well i agree that college football does need a playoff system but with all that is going on right now i would think the leader of the free world might have bigger thing on his plate than college football.
If there is one thing that makes me hate Obama (wait, I'm not supposed to hate- but I do anyways cause his judgement on this issue is just that bad) its Obama's position on a playoff system. It shows his lack of judgment and his meddling nature. College football is the greatest sport on earth because it lacks a playoff. America was the greatest country on earth cause it lacked an agressive, byzantine government. That Obama would be the man to change both those things puts him really up there on my **** list.
Old 01-29-09, 06:50 PM   #31
bamabassman

hey did ya'll hear the attendance at the swearing in of odama, 2.3 million, but only 14 missed work.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 09:15 AM   #32
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

interesting fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-09, 01:28 PM   #33
smoka929
BassFishin.Com Member

i don't care how good of a speaker you are, you're not going to change someone's mind that is already made up and that wants to kill us. talk all you want but in the end they're still going to hate us for the way we live. and being in a profession where i see many guns on the streets, these proposals are absurd. the only ones it will hurt are the law abiding citizens. these dirt bags on the streets are still going to have their guns and ammo. so he can try to jack up taxes on ammo and ban assault rifles but in the end its just going to hurt the people that are responsible with firearms
smoka929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 02:13 PM   #34
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoka929 View Post
i don't care how good of a speaker you are, you're not going to change someone's mind that is already made up and that wants to kill us. talk all you want but in the end they're still going to hate us for the way we live.
No, he isn't gonna change those who already have their minds made up, but there are kids over there who havent yet made up their minds who are being recruited by al qaeda- those are the ones we can reach. We can tell them that the USA doesnt hate them, isnt responsible for their country's ****ty gov't, ect, ect.

See the problem is all the politicians in those countries like to use America as a scapegoat. And either we can let them, or we can get down to brass tacks and contest the notion that America is responsible for their troubles. Doing the latter, especially cause it requires almost no money and little effort, is much better than saying "to hell with them".
Old 01-30-09, 02:43 PM   #35
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post

#3 is obvious, GITMO or no, we gotta put them somewhere.

General Population in American Prisons Our inmates would take care of them quickly, and the Goverment wouldn't be to blame.

Seriously I dont know what theryre going to do with them, but I dont think theyll just be letting them go.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 02:48 PM   #36
mont_lunker_hunter

I don't mind that he gave a speech on Arab TV, i just think that given the economic situation in this country, Obama maybe should have thought about addressing his own people first...or is that what he did?????
Old 01-30-09, 03:02 PM   #37
WTL

Quote:
Obama maybe should have thought about addressing his own people first...or is that what he did?????
Actually, did he not? What was the inauguration address?

I feel a little dirty having to defend him, but there was nothing wrong with the first television interview going to them. There are plenty of things to criticize him about. Lets pick some important ones instead of acting like our feelings are hurt cause he talked to the ragheads.
Old 01-30-09, 03:41 PM   #38
mont_lunker_hunter

My feelings aren't hurt, i'd have to care for the ******* first for that to happen. I definitely think some attention needs to be paid to the middle east and how they/we view each other. The inaguration speech is a given...i don't really think that's in the same category. And as far as "let's pick something important"...man, the economic situation has people losing their jobs left and right in THIS country and when Obama brings all the national gaurd guys home, half of them will be without a job...is that not important? I'm all for bettering our relationship with arab countries, but i think most americans, atleast at the moment, are more worried about their jobs. Look, I didn't vote for Obama, but I hope he's the best Prez we've ever had...you got to...I'm just think that his priorities are not representative of most americans.
Old 01-30-09, 05:12 PM   #39
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I normally stay out of political arguments, mostly cause I don't know much about it, or that I just don't care.

but here's my exception. We al know Obama is anti gun, but seriously, do you think that with all the other problems out there right now, banning guns is on the top of his list. I don't.

One more thing. I'm not really for or against Obama, I like some of his idea, but not all. But regardless of whether you like him or not, he's the president. The president should be respected. I'm not saying you've gotta love him or even like him, I just think he should be respected as the head of our country. (My opinion would probably be a bit different if it were... say... Hillary. )

BB
Old 01-30-09, 05:50 PM   #40
cassidyta

Quote:
And as far as "let's pick something important"...man, the economic situation has people losing their jobs left and right in THIS country and when Obama brings all the national gaurd guys home, half of them will be without a job...is that not important.
By no means am I trying to split hairs on this, but the returning military will get their jobs back due to the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act

It could and in some cases mean that someone else is let go to make room for them. So essentailly this has the same impact to the jobs. In some cases it could be worse for the company since the returning individual may not be able to accomplish as much immediately as someone who has been there doing the job.
Old 01-30-09, 05:51 PM   #41
WTL

You can respect the office of the Presidency without respecting the man.

MLH, the economy is just where we should criticize Obama. His treatment of the Arab countries is small potatoes compared to the economy.

Honestly, I wish he would get his grubby hands off the economy and go chum up with the muslims. He cant do nearly as much damage riding a camel as he can do when he starts monkeying with our economy. The President wont fix the economy, he cant, but he sure as hell can screw it up.
Old 01-30-09, 06:23 PM   #42
mont_lunker_hunter

I agree WTL. Also, Cassidy, I was meaning they wont' have a job because companies they worked for may no longer exist. Obviously they are gauranteed their old jobs back...if the company is still there. In my part of the world, if those guys/gals worked for some of these mills, their going to have a rude awakening.

But hey, we may be out of a job, but we can pass our newly found free time by writing to our new Arab pen pal.
Old 01-30-09, 06:33 PM   #43
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Don't forget he also appointed a tax cheat (Timothy Geithner)as Secretary of Treasury...That's like letting the fox guard the henhouse.That guy should be in prison.
We're f*****
Old 01-30-09, 07:02 PM   #44
WTL

Actually, Timothy Geithner is a brilliant economic mind. He was the one behind the first half of TARP, which helped unlock the frozen credit markets and avert an American financial disaster.

Old 01-30-09, 07:24 PM   #45
bamabassman

on the issue of putting the war prisoners in our prison system. it would be BEST not to. i am speaking from exprience here ok. i was an inmate supervisor for the county in lower alabama. parks and rec dept. we used inmate labor to cut the grass, pick up paper along the county roads and around the courthouses. when the towers were hit, i was leaving the landfill with about 6 inmates. we heard it over the radio, i went in the ticket building and saw the 2nd plane hit. when i got back in the van, there were 3 inmates cheering and clapping their hands. (so now you know why i will NEVER work around inmates again.) see, the ratical muslims over there are coming HERE and spreading the worthless crap to OUR prisoners, telling them if they join their religion, wait.....let me put this in the PROPER voice, THEIR RATICAL WAYS OF MUSLIM RELIGION. they feel that when they tear us down and take over our nation, these SAME criminals will rule over us, meaning the WHITE MAN. and anyone who follows the WHITE way of america. they even have a new name for this country (wouldn't tell me though). yes they were ALL black. every prison in america is being systemiacaly being invaded this way. and if we put these guys in their it will only ENFORCE their ways futher to our prisoners. so we SHOULD have kept them in cuba. and get the info ANY way we can. THEY would and have and ARE doing this to us over there. war is hell, war is not pretty. but we have to go to extreme measures to keep war away from our shores if at all possible.
sorry if i went too long on this. i am THROUGH with this subject. one day it will come here again. only it will be worse than before. and may GOD help us.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 11:37 PM   #46
flbassman

Were screwed. It's been a long downhill slide that can be taken back 60 years. And yes, bush is to blame as much as Clinton. I'll say it plainly, no politician gives a damn about me or you. Bush, obama, hilary and McCain can all run America straight into the ground and still live better than anyone of us could. The government is too big, i'm probly on a list right now for "spreading dissent." And some people won't be happy, and the rest won't be mad enough until big brother is watchin you every time you piss. As bad as it is, I'm not real worried. I have a roof, and plenty of walls. I'm well enough fed that I could fast for a month without permanent damage. I'll do any kind of work. I ain't too good to dig ditches, but I've got a decent job till it comes to that. I can read and write. I've got a Bible and I'm free to read it wherever I want. As jacked up as things are, America is still one helluva fine place. As good ole hank said, "A country boy can survive!"
Old 01-31-09, 01:48 AM   #47
1/4 stick

Well if it makes ya feel better, http://superobamaworld.com/ , go to the last world and you can run him into a moving truck.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.