Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-07, 01:18 PM   #1
jooleyen
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen
Default Smallie Lake Five 6/24/07

I went to Lake Five AGAIN. I can't wait to get the boat finished and stop renting boats. I had a fun day. I got my first buzzbait bass. I saw a bunch of bluegill beds and decided to play a little joke by scaring them away. Right when my white buzzbait hit the wall BAM! A keeper slammed it in 6" of water.

A little bit later I was casting to a shallow tapering shoreline with baseball sized rocks with a Strike King Tri-Wing Chartreuse Buzzbait. A Smallmouth Bass hammered it and leaped 4' up and 6' forward two times. It was my second smallmouth and my first keeper smallmouth ever. After looking at the pictures and videos I realized it was a tagged fish. I feel dumb for not taking a closer look at the fish. I was too excited and hyper.

When the sun got up and it was really hot, we headed out to the Lilly Pads. I tied on a green Spro BronzeyeFrog65. I was chugging the frog in about 3' of water when out from the reeds came another keeper bass. My first hard plastic frog bass.

I ended up only using a topwater bait. Lures included Super Spook Jr., BronzeyeFrog65, and Tri-Wing Buzzbait. I caught 9 bass total. My dad caught many more than me, but I told him I was going after keepers today, not numbers. And I sure did it. I've never caught this many keepers at Lake Five. The lake doesn't have too many big fish.

I am starting to learn HOW TO learn about fishing. Does that make any sense?

On a side note...The lake that I usually go shore fishing at when I don't have a chance to take the boat out is unusual for this area. It is the only lake I know of with peanut butter colored water and 4' visibility. I used to hate it because of that, but I've learned each type of lake has its benefits, and I've learned to love this lake. I'm dying to get out on this lake with a boat.

Last edited by jooleyen; 06-26-07 at 01:33 PM.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 01:50 PM   #2
crankybait

nice, looks like a great day! but whats the first pic? looks like a light saber
Old 06-26-07, 03:18 PM   #3
Plugger
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
I can't wait to get the boat finished and stop renting boats.
What kind of boat ya building?
Old 06-26-07, 09:22 PM   #4
jooleyen

Lol. I thought someone might ask. It's just the glare of the sun. It's bad quality because it was a snapshot from a video playing full screen.

The boat was built by a plumber. He had it for a couple of years and then passed it down to my dad's old boss. Then my dad's old boss passed it down to my dad. It's about 40 years old. Everything is all torn up. It's a project, and around here, projects keep getting put off, so I think it'll still be a while unless I really do something about it. Which I am TOMORROW. I'll send pictures sometime.
Old 06-26-07, 10:43 PM   #5
jpeck
BassFishin.Com Member

Grats on your success jooleyen, and good luck on the boat! From the pics it would appear those lily pads would be fun to work and should hold fish.

Hey Plugger, drop me a line sometime, I am in Concord and always looking to gain another friend and fishing partner.
Old 06-26-07, 10:53 PM   #6
jooleyen

thanks. O yeah. If the camera were turned to the left you would've seen probably 100 yards of thick lillies.
Old 06-26-07, 11:16 PM   #7
ToPwAt'R GuY
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I am really happy for you jooleyen. You have really improved since we all first met you. How did you like those topwater fish. I have one word for you ......SWEEEEEET! Keep up the good work.
ToPwAt'R GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-07, 11:19 PM   #8
jooleyen

Thanks! You guys are great. The topwater was GREAT. I only caught fish on topwater. I did mess up two or three times though. I set the hook too early on a big pike. I saw him come up. I also missed two bass. Not big though.
I LOVE BASS FISHING.
Old 06-27-07, 12:06 AM   #9
Super Fluke

Great fish

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.