Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-09, 03:11 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Angry Stuck fishing with "that guy"

So I had a tournament this weekend with a partner I had drawn from the club. Even though there had been a few comments about tough luck on drawing of my partner, I wasn't too worried. He and I had made our arrangements to prefish and discussed tourney plans. The pre fish day was fine. We found locations that would work to each other's strengths and discussed colors, depths, and the fish in general. I was feeling pretty good about the draw going into the tourney.
The day of the tourney, everything changed. He was very skilled with the boat positioning and made it a point to place the boat where he had a definite advantage. We had planned to work one point fairly heavy, concentrating on a depth of 30 foot. He ended up putting the boat in the 15 foot water and pointing the nose at the point. My only chance to fish according to the plan would have been to cast over one of his shoulders. I ended up flipping into the trees instead. After I hooked up to a decent 2lbs fish in the trees, he immediately rotated the boat 180 degree so that I could no longer pitch into them.
While I was frustrated with this, I did not get pissed until later.
We had agreed to hit a frog spot around noon. During prefishing, this spot had generated two fish and countless blowups. (I have a couple of frogs without hooks that I use for prefishing)
As we move into the brush filled cove, he literally pus the back of the boat into the trees. I ended up with an area of about 4 foot where I could pitch into open water. I commented on this, asking him if he could get me off of the trees a little bit. His comment, was that he that position for a kicker because he knew that he was behind me on total weight. Now it is one thing to try to get an advantage, but he deliberately sabotaged me. After the had thrown about 40 casts into the area, he found it funny to say "well, there is nothing in there, so you can throw now"
I know that he and I are competing against one another, and don't mind the fact that he is going to throw into these spots first, but the attitude is what pissed me off.

Just wanted to vent.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.