Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-11, 10:54 AM   #1
jrpez
BassFishin.Com Member

Default watching the pros

question i"m new to bassfishing, later this month the flw will be on the lk i fish would it be rude for me to follow and watch what and where they fish ,i thought this would be a fast way to learn this lk but i don't want to piss anybody off i see this done for the elite series on the tv but not sure how this is viewed outside of that .
jrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 11:31 AM   #2
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I think you have ever right to watch them. But on the other hand, I think you should be courteous to maintain a distance from them. Your out there to be a spectator, not a competitor. That is just my .02.

Last edited by Bubba_Bruiser; 08-09-11 at 09:54 AM.
Bubba_Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 02:05 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

First of all you should be commended for being so considerate, most people these days could care less if they offend anyone so long as it benifits them. Kudos to you.

There is absolutley nothing wrong with being a spectator boat, there are tons of them in every pro tournament and not only is it a great way to learn, it's also a blast to follow these guys around. I have done it with the Elite guys and it was a great experience that I will do again every chance I get. A few things to remember though. Keep your electronics turned off when they are fishing, especially if there are other spectator boats following the same pro because a bunch of graphs running can have a negatice effect on the fish. Also give them pros plenty of room and don't crowd them. Just keep enough distance away from them so you aren't encroaching on their area and watching from binoculars is a great way to keep up with the action from a distance. The other common boating guidlines apply and as long as you follow them you will have fun. The fact is that a lot of pros like to be followed, it's a great way to show them support and they appreciate it as long as you follow these few rules of thumb. Have fun and post pics for us.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 02:43 PM   #4
jrpez
BassFishin.Com Member

thanx for the feed back guys i did not think about electronics thats a good one and i had planned on staying some distance i just was not sure how these guys would react. i'll see how things work out and try for some pic's although i'll have to learn how to post them
jrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 04:56 PM   #5
bassinbob

They really like it when you ride up to their boat and ask for an autograph
Old 08-08-11, 05:25 PM   #6
Mumpy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
LOL, freaking loved it! Came "" Close to spitting water on my keyboard!
Old 08-08-11, 10:04 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Especially if they are in the top 3 on the final day.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 09:11 AM   #8
mrmuskie5
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
First of all you should be commended for being so considerate, most people these days could care less if they offend anyone so long as it benifits them. Kudos to you.

There is absolutley nothing wrong with being a spectator boat, there are tons of them in every pro tournament and not only is it a great way to learn, it's also a blast to follow these guys around. I have done it with the Elite guys and it was a great experience that I will do again every chance I get. A few things to remember though. Keep your electronics turned off when they are fishing, especially if there are other spectator boats following the same pro because a bunch of graphs running can have a negatice effect on the fish. Also give them pros plenty of room and don't crowd them. Just keep enough distance away from them so you aren't encroaching on their area and watching from binoculars is a great way to keep up with the action from a distance. The other common boating guidlines apply and as long as you follow them you will have fun. The fact is that a lot of pros like to be followed, it's a great way to show them support and they appreciate it as long as you follow these few rules of thumb. Have fun and post pics for us.
+1,000 cant say anymore.
mrmuskie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-11, 02:16 PM   #9
lilmule

They follow them all the time many not being so considerate,some taking down gps coord and fishing there the next day,even though it may be a several day event.
Often however many are fishing well known community holes ,difference being they know how to fish them in order to milk out a decent limit every day.
Kvd fishes some of same holes I do on ky lake but he does them so much better,and during those events I normally stay off the water.So its not as much where but how and when and some luck involved as well.
Pros tend to know which side of a drop or point the fish are relating to,and to some degree why.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.