Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-08, 09:35 AM   #1
Jd4lfe
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Tracker ProV16/Princecraft Yukon DLX/Princecraft springbok 20

Hey everyone. Im narrowing down my selection here. I went to the dealer last night and got all the prices and different configurations. Remember.... It will be used on mostly rondeau/mitchelles bay... the odd time i will be taking it out on lake Erie, and lake St. Clair for perch and musky. So i wont be going miles out on the water ! Mostly using this boat for bass fishing and a little rest and relaxation ! hahah

heres my 3 options

1/ Tracker prov16.... http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=2844... basicly the stock unit. Is the 50 HP 2STR enough ? I think it is seeing how light the boat is...

2/ Princecraft Yukon DLX ...... http://www.princecraft.com/Content/en-US/p...kon-DLX-BT.aspx
Im looking at a 25HP EFI 4STR Mercury on this boat

3/ Princecraft Springbok 20.... http://www.princecraft.com/Content/en-US/p...ringbok-20.aspx
Im looking at a either a 20 HP 4 stroke, or a 25 HP 2 stroke for this boat ? which would be the best enigne for this boat ?

So what do ya think ? Im torn bewteen a decked out 14 1/2 footer or a decent 16 footer... I can get them all for around the same payment, but the tracker is on a 15 year term and the other 2 are on a 10 year term. I like the sounds of the 10 year term 7.9%

Any help would be great thanx !
Jd4lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 12:43 PM   #2
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Jd, if you are going to look at a tracker, you might also want to look at the smoker craft pro angler 161. I think that they are about the same price ($12,999 w/cover + f&p). Also, look at where you'll buy the boat and the service department.

Hope it helps, and good luck!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 09:04 AM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Wejust bought a 2001 tracker 16' deep V w/ a 15hp merc 4 stroke this spring. We love it for the little inlands lakes and stuff around here. We've yet to have it on eire or st clair, but we'd eventually like to. We fish a lot of smaller lakes so speed is not real important to us, and we don't mind sacrificing it for great fuel economy.

But I'd highly recomend the tracker. They are great boats and well worth the money.

BB
Old 09-13-08, 10:05 AM   #4
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If you really want a good value for the money and a boat that I have been more thanimpressed with please do yourself a favor and check out the Stratos 176 XT. The tracker with the optional 50 ho 2 stroke wopuld definately be my next choice. The reason I would opt for the Stratos is more boat for the same amount of money you would give for the tracker with the upgraded motor. The 2 Princecrafts are just to small for waters that you will be boating and fishing in my opinion. Fully rigged Stratos 176XT with the upgraded motor is right at 13000 out the door. The Tracker is gonna set you back 12000 if mwemory serves me right. Again you are looking at a 17'6" boat with a bigger engine all welded construction and options galore plus the BIG SAFTETY factor of a bigger boat with a larger engine for the waters you boat.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.