Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-09, 10:19 AM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default A little fishing and a brisk swim

I went down to a local pond yesterday to check out my recent bait monkey purchases. A few of the items were replacements to my current arsenal. Primarily being the BBZ and Mattslure Bluegill. I was tossing the bbz into a chanel through the tullies when my cast ended up a few inches to far into the tullies. I thought I would be able to free it fairly easily, but it wasn't meant to be. I heard the all too familiar "crack" of my line breaking. I was not too worried because I could see the lure and I had gotten the floater.
I switched over to the mattslure and began to toss it around one of the docks. It only took a couple of casts until I managed to get wrapped around a rope that anchors this floating dock to the ground.
At this point I have about $50 worth of items stuck no where near the shore line. I did not think it was too big of a deal since the owner of the pond also has a few canoes that I use for just such a lure retrieval. I boarded the "SS Unstable" and began to paddle to the tullies. I just about had the BBZ retrieved when the mud duck decided he did not like me there. Scared the daylights out of me since I was concentrating on not flipping the canoe. Funny how I managed to achieve the exact opposite affect.
While Bass my like 60 degree water, I am not rather fond of it at 0800. At that point I figured I was already wet so I swam over to the dock to get my other lure. I was deep enough down the rope that I would have had to swim for it anyways.
Luckily, I had flipped this canoe before so this time I had removed my wallet, phone, and keys from my pockets before boarding.

Not my proudest day on the water.
Old 04-06-09, 10:24 AM   #2
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I wish I had that on video!! I'm glad your alright but man that sounds funny!!!
Old 04-06-09, 10:29 AM   #3
sharpe012010
BassFishin.Com Active Member

rofl! so did you catch any fish or did you just catch a cold?
Old 04-06-09, 12:17 PM   #4
MIbasser

How long after your little swim did you stay and fish???
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 12:57 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

man cass, you always have the funnies stuff happen to you lol. great story.
Old 04-06-09, 01:04 PM   #6
cassidyta

I had caught a couple of dinks prior to the swim. I did not stay long after the swim because the wind was picking up. My jeans, sweatshirt, and boots were not very comfortable.
I will take cold and wet over the loss of expensive lures any day.
Old 04-06-09, 05:02 PM   #7
REDBULLCUBAN

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
I went down to a local pond yesterday to check out my recent bait monkey purchases. A few of the items were replacements to my current arsenal. Primarily being the BBZ and Mattslure Bluegill. I was tossing the bbz into a chanel through the tullies when my cast ended up a few inches to far into the tullies. I thought I would be able to free it fairly easily, but it wasn't meant to be. I heard the all too familiar "crack" of my line breaking. I was not too worried because I could see the lure and I had gotten the floater.
I switched over to the mattslure and began to toss it around one of the docks. It only took a couple of casts until I managed to get wrapped around a rope that anchors this floating dock to the ground.
At this point I have about $50 worth of items stuck no where near the shore line. I did not think it was too big of a deal since the owner of the pond also has a few canoes that I use for just such a lure retrieval. I boarded the "SS Unstable" and began to paddle to the tullies. I just about had the BBZ retrieved when the mud duck decided he did not like me there. Scared the daylights out of me since I was concentrating on not flipping the canoe. Funny how I managed to achieve the exact opposite affect.
While Bass my like 60 degree water, I am not rather fond of it at 0800. At that point I figured I was already wet so I swam over to the dock to get my other lure. I was deep enough down the rope that I would have had to swim for it anyways.
Luckily, I had flipped this canoe before so this time I had removed my wallet, phone, and keys from my pockets before boarding.

Not my proudest day on the water.

sorry but im ROFL! glad to see your ok and got the lures back.
Old 04-06-09, 05:09 PM   #8
bamabassman

hahahahahahaha, cass................you are a great laugh for us here. glad to see it ain't always ME that is laughed at. glad to have you back in the dry pal.
Old 04-06-09, 08:33 PM   #9
abu4600

Man that's funny. Glad you got them lures back though.
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 09:29 PM   #10
bcklash

I'm glad I wasn't there to see that, I would of had a heart attack laughing. Great story LOL
Old 04-06-09, 11:03 PM   #11
66KingFisher

Sorry that happened, but better you than me....hahahha....good stuff.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 12:58 AM   #12
Panthrosan

My buddies and I have a standing rule. If one of us falls into the pond or lake wherever we are fishing there is an order to things. After asking if we are alright and upon confirmation the dry people are allowed to laugh their tails off as long as they want. Haven't really had to institute the rules as the only person to fall in was myself but I was by myself so after checking myself over I got a good laugh for a bit. That will teach me to trust the branch above me and the rock beneath me to A) not break or B) not shift.....all at the same time. But like you, in the end it was worth it to get my TT-4 Tru-Shad back from the clasp of the dreaded submerged old dock stump.
Panthrosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 01:23 AM   #13
WTL

I told this story last year at the get together to someone.

On the way up to scottsboro I camped at the elk river. Put the tent up on shore, had the boat right next to me beached on the sloping dirt.

Went to sleep, it was dead quiet. Then about 3 oklock, for whatever reason I woke up in the tent and something felt odd. Just a hunch.

I looked outside, and sure enough floating in the middle of the river 50 yards off is my boat. They done raised the lake 6 inches over night and floated it off the bank. So at3 in the morning I got to go for a little swim. Luckily nobody was there to see how stupid I looked.

Only time I have ever gotten wet without planning on it - besides stepping in a deeper hole wading or jumping in to put the boat on the trailer.
Old 04-07-09, 01:45 PM   #14
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Sorry about your luck cass, but you just made my day.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.