Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-10, 08:25 PM   #26
Tall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thumbs up

I will do that 1fastlaser. Doc and lowrider told me to give them a yell too. Maybe we can get together sometime and get a big gal too bite. I was hoping you would chime in on this issue, I kept waiting but it was getting to close to good fishing to keep messing around and not knowing what I was doing.

I put it in break in mode keeping the pump running trying to get fuel to flow and now I will get to flow extra oil. Make that 120 minutes or 2 hours above 3500 RPM to get the break in mode off. Kevin at K and J racing marine in Prattsville said to run it at 3600 trim up to 4000 and back to 3600 to get the clock to run to knock the time off.

Headed to Ouachita Wed. with a group of firefighters I work with for bragging rights and then plan to head to Docs back yard for his and lowriders big girls they have tied out. Spent another $200 at Acad sports today. It don't take long, but I will see if a jerk bait with the light flashing in it will make a differance.

Save a few big ones. I trying to get a #10 this year, well thats my goal anyways.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 03:09 PM   #27
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Just throwing you an update on Monticello Tall. I went yesterday (Sunday 28th). Water temp ranged from 45-48.5 lots of boats on the water no one catching much (from what they said.) I managed one fish in 8ft of water on a jig but no other bites. She was around 6lbs and skinnnnnnnyyy. They just havn't started moving up and feeding yet. We are supposed to have a warmer week this week, and I'll be there saturday again, so I'll post back if conditions have improved.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 04:04 PM   #28
Tall

I hear it be good down your way. I am trying to get down Wednesday after a 48 hour shift if not to sleepy. Another firefighter wants to go so maybe one of us can keep an eye open if we have a lot of alarms and or fires.
Old 03-08-10, 01:00 PM   #29
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Went again sunday tall, 52-54 degree water, bass starting to move into 4ft and shallower water. If the weather holds I say next week will be the start of bed fishing.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 11:09 PM   #30
Tall

Plan is going down Wednesday rain or shine. I will bring my rain suit. Thanks
Old 03-11-10, 12:18 AM   #31
Tall

Boat update- it is doing fine. I got a good five minutes off the 120 needed to get it off the break in mode.

Water temp up to 63.5 in places at Monticello. I will add pic of the one I got in the boat (22 inches long).

The big one I could not get in the boat. Not enough horse power (HP), with a 7' 6" heavy rod and 20# floro and that fish had some major HP of it's own.

I will try to post a pic if I can get it off the iphone on to my old computer.

By the way, it is not the 10# bass I want this year but it did put a big grin on my face. A good start to the year. I forgot to suck my gut in. It has been a good winter, but I have lost 12 pounds. I am almost down to a light weight of 300 pounds.

This is my first bass to fizz. I saw some fish deep on my Lowrance 522 iGPS and decided to throw a big spoon in 35 feet of water and got the one in the pic on the first cast. I wanted to try deep after reading the Big Bass Zone (BBZ) book.

This bass stayed upside down all day in my live well. When I got home I watched the Doug Hannan video on how to fizz a bass (it is very good). Next problem was what to use. I did not have a 2" 18 ga. needle, but with a little thought I used a needle to pump up a basketball or football. I ground the end to sharp and it worked like a charm. When I put it in my pound it took off like it was just caught.

Maybe I will have another boat report. Sorry Kevin this got a little off just the boat issue, but I was asked to post a pic by Bamabassman.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monticello Bass 03-10-2010 002.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	4819  

Last edited by Tall; 03-11-10 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-13-10, 09:46 PM   #32
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

That's an absolute Hawg, Tall! Way to go!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.