Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-11, 06:47 PM   #201
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Boy oh boy, am I ready!!! Just printed off my AL fishin license and got drug back to Gander Mountain for a few more things including a cheep light weight rain suit just in case, a new well ventilated hat, and a few more lures, some for drop shotting incase we decide to give it a try. I've done vertually no drop shotting so it's going to be new to me pretty much. Not even sure of the best way to tie a drop shot hook to the line, hahaha.
Old 05-16-11, 07:47 PM   #202
nmanley
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nmanley

I hope y'all have sore hands from lipping fish and have a great time and fellowship this weekend. I would have loved to made the commitment to come up and join the fun but I am pooling my funds to be a Marshal at the upcoming Wheeler BASS Elite series event.

Post LOTS of pics everyone.
Old 05-16-11, 11:15 PM   #203
Imgoodatwhatido

yall gonna be down there and fishin on friday? Ill be in KY saturday an sunday, but might be able to make it down friday.
Imgoodatwhatido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 11:15 PM   #204
bamabassman

thank oyu nmanley. oyu know you can still come up even if it only saturday. jsut want to give oyu that option pal.

as for rods................hahahahaha.........well i got lisa's 2 or 3 and crystal's 2 or 3. my 10-12. so my rig is gonna be CRAWLING with rods, hahahaha. also bringing some others and will explain when we all meet. got ONE MORE @#$% DAY OF WORK, then we are heading west. ready to get outta this town for a while and do some FISHING!!!!
Old 05-17-11, 04:34 PM   #205
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You guys enjoy the fun!!! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories.
Old 05-17-11, 05:13 PM   #206
bamabassman

PACKING UP AND HEADING OUT IN THE MORNING FOLKS!!! thanks smitty. we'll see if osmebody can post up some pics asap.
Old 05-17-11, 05:28 PM   #207
WTL

My last exam is tomorrow, and I will be packing up and coming up there at some point tomorrow, could get there late...gonna stop off at a few places along the way maybe while its light.

BTW, the weather forecast is improving with a 30 percent chance or rain of saturday and 50 percent on sunday, thats down from what they were saying. Hit and miss showers or isolated thunderstorms are no problem, we just don't need the huge rain event. And the temps are going to normalize over the week too.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USAL0203

Last edited by WTL; 05-17-11 at 05:34 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 09:26 PM   #208
bamabassman

the weatehr is falling right in line i think billy. moon is ful tonight, stars are lined up in the cosmos...........da RAJUN CAJUN is packed, gonna finish the Z-71 in the morning, then hitting the road. quick stop off in huntsville at ROSIE'S mexican for a bite. then on the the cabin!!!

the partly cloudy skies are good in my opion, hate blue bird skies. but i wonder waht the barometer is doing? going up or down? makes a difference.............
Old 05-17-11, 09:37 PM   #209
Imgoodatwhatido

is there gonna be a friendly tournament?
Imgoodatwhatido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-11, 10:58 PM   #210
bamabassman

well....there IS the bait monkey trophy that is given to the winner of the biggest bass. c-rig started this at kentucky lake a couple of years ago. the first year, lisa and i gave out trophies for the biggest, most and smallest bass. no one knew aobut it then. but this isn't a "TOURNY". but everyone wants to catch the biggest fro bragging rights.lol. you are more than welcome to attend imgood. you'll have ot find oyur own sleeping quarters and chip in a little cash, not much, maybe 10 bucks if i am correct. but please feel free to come. the more the merrier man.

lisa has mentioned maybe everyone chip in 5-10 bucks and winner take all but i dunno.........i really don't want to make this into a REAL torunament. maybe jsut for fun. if everyone wants to do it, fine by me. i jsut go with the flow. i'm gonna mention it to everyone thrusday. that is when everyone will be there for sure i think.
Old 05-18-11, 08:26 AM   #211
Bender

I was really hoping to make it over there since I've been off work the past few weeks but as usual I have to be in Ohio for work tomorrow. You guys have fun up there, I've been to Pickwick the past two weekends and it has been really good so hopefully the trend continues for y'all.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-11, 08:43 AM   #212
Fishnngolfn

You guys have fun and be careful. I'll be in Ohio with the family. I wish I could be there to meet everyone.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 07:23 PM   #213
bamabassman

we are back home now, what a WONDERFUL TIME LISA AND I HAD!! wish oyu other folks could've made it. fishing was tough but we had a great time anyway. had some DEEP talks aobut waht to do the next day cause we weren't bringing in the numbers we all wanted. all in all...another successfull get together. THANK OYU TO EACH AND EVERY ONE THAT ATTENDED.

yes i am still a little tired. not as tired as the others that had such a long drive, but tired all the same. still smiling too. it's a GOOD tired.
Old 05-22-11, 10:07 PM   #214
bamabassman

made a new thread for those who attended to post their pics. also share some tall tales,lol.
Old 05-22-11, 11:31 PM   #215
keithdog

Glad you two made it home safely John. The get together was special to me being it was my first one to attend. I had a really great time as I know everyone did. Catching bass or not, the company was great as expected. Just spending some time together and sharring more than a few laughs was well worth the trip. I want to personally thankyou for you and Lisa going to all the trouble you did to make this thing work out so well, and for opening your cabin to all of us as kind of a Bassfishin.com central hub.
I did want to mention I plan on posting many of the pics I took at the event here in the forums. But we are having computer issues and it may be a little while before I'm able to get them up and posted, so please be patient with me guys.

Last edited by keithdog; 05-22-11 at 11:46 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 11:48 PM   #216
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Man am I exhausted! We made it home fine, but late after at least an hour delay in construction. I think I'll be sleeping good tonight!

My dad and I both had a great time! It was great to see old friends and put some new faces to names.

BB
Old 05-24-11, 01:58 PM   #217
WTL

Joe Wheeler charged me 91.80 for a late fee on the 15th. I paid Bruce, I told them that I was not going to be charged for the other crap. Somebody I'm afraid needs to call the state park and find out what is going on. I already told the lady how upset I am with how they performed over the course of the trip. But apparently somebody else was undercharged or something.

If I have to, I will call my CC and see if I can get the transaction cancelled. They had no authorization, they only had my card because I had tried to make a reservation earlier, then we found out that the cabin situation was already screwed up so we didn't finalize putting my name on a room, but apparently they kept my card number. I'm really mad at these people now, not just because its unprofessional, but because of all places I want that particular state park to be well run and it isn't right now. She was like "ho hum, we got your card"....had I stayed for the rest of the week like I planned, I might have been trying to fill my gas tank later in the trip with a maxed out discover.

Last edited by WTL; 05-24-11 at 02:18 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-11, 03:24 PM   #218
bassboogieman

I paid the 91.80 (single night's charge) for the 15th (Sun. night) for cabin 10, our cabin - or at least I think I did. As I didn't arrive until late, the office was closed but on Monday when I did the actual check in I was told I was charged 91.80 for Sunday night, so I paid the balance (actually split it with Doc). Well, she said "I" was charged, but she may have put it on the wrong card, I'm not impressed with the operation there either, but I'll call the Park and see WTF is going on, and get back to you.

Our cabin - #10 was the only one occupied by this group on the 15th, so there isn't any reason why they charged your card. If they did in error rather than my card, I'll send you a check to cover it. I'll get back to you by tomorrow.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-11, 03:31 PM   #219
WTL

Thankyou boogie. I just don't even understand what they did here, how they charged my card for a late fee when I wasn't even on a room...its like ooh, here we have a card we havent charged, lets get him.

It would be different if I werent $-28 on my card right now and if I had the money to take this, but I don't. This was very near to my last dollar.

P.S.

Who here wears a size 14 shoe? PM me.
Old 05-24-11, 04:41 PM   #220
MississippiBoy

The way it sounds, the park people just started doing business last week. They didn't have the cabins reserved right, John and Lisa's was nasty when they checked in, took them two days to get more toilet paper in our cabin (which they told Don to come get), and now this screwup...sounds like this should be our last trip to Joe Wheeler State Park.

P.S. Billy, I wear a size 13...
Old 05-24-11, 05:02 PM   #221
WTL

Somebody left shoes in #10. I have them.
Old 05-24-11, 05:16 PM   #222
nofearengineer

Hmmm....I will ask Matthew if he is missing something.

By the way, I know it is way, WAY too early to even bring it up...but if people want to do Dale Hollow next year, I will volunteer to host it and make all of the arrangements.
Old 05-24-11, 05:24 PM   #223
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Hmmm....I will ask Matthew if he is missing something.

By the way, I know it is way, WAY too early to even bring it up...but if people want to do Dale Hollow next year, I will volunteer to host it and make all of the arrangements.
You know the world is coming to an end Oct 21 now. I hate when I miss a deadline. I bet the Rev felt like a real as....tronaut missing that figure.
Old 05-24-11, 06:20 PM   #224
bassboogieman

I wear a size 14, but I have all mine....................
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-11, 06:58 PM   #225
docirv

Send a message via Skype™ to docirv

They were Bruce's, he gave them to me, I forgot them.... don't bother sending them just toss them out... they are way too uncomfortable anyway...

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.