Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-11, 09:25 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Finally!!!!! Going fishing in the morning!!!!!

ok, ya'll know i haven't been fishing in like almost 2 months right? thought my "new troller" was the problem only to find out it was a dead battery.
well, after 2 weeks of trying to get my battery resolved i finally got it done today.
SO..........got the RAJUN CAJUN fired up and READY! lisa and i are gonna hit the "mudhole" early in the morning. she is almost as excited as i am or more so, lol. yes i know, she will outfish me yet again. but i don't care, I'M GOING FISHING!!!

now get ready for some pics, keith, bryce, lash, and everyone else i have a number for. it may not be MY fish, but hopefully we can bag a few.

i am jsut thankful i can FINALLY get out on the water again.

WISH US LUCK GANG!!!!
Old 08-12-11, 09:32 PM   #2
Marc David
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hope you guys get on them tomorrow Bama. Good luck and be safe out there!
Marc David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-11, 09:50 PM   #3
Bassboss

Hope yall slay em john. Don't let her out fish ya to bad though!
Old 08-12-11, 09:57 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Catch a biggun, John. You've been workin hard through the ridiculous heat. You deserve it.
Old 08-12-11, 10:30 PM   #5
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I think it's great you're getting to go fishing, after all that down time, and taking Lisa, knowing full well she's gonna kick your butt big time. Knowing all that you're still excited about it. That indicates a dedicated fisherman, or maybe a sadistic one.

Have a great day, I'm just hoping to get a chance to get on the water before I head South in a couple weeks. Spent my day going through the boat organizing my gear, trying to thin it out a little, so hopefully I'll know where most of it is. The Winch arrived and I put it on it's rod, feels very nice, but got to get it out to cast it a bit I've been cleared by my Dr. to do some moderate lifting and fishing is fine, I was concerned with being able to get my boat back on the trailer, my local water is electric only, so no power loading.

I could go tomorrow, but my local lake has a small club tourny scheduled and it's usually very crowded on the weekends anyway - wind surfers, kayakers, and fisherman too. Think I'll just wait until one day next week, I really don't like the crowds.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-11, 11:18 PM   #6
bcklash

The Rajun Cajun is ready. Good luck John and Lisa.
Old 08-12-11, 11:55 PM   #7
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
The Rajun Cajun is ready. Good luck John and Lisa.
HAHAHAHAHA, thats halarious lash! John I hope you and Lisa have a great day out on the water. You deserve it buddy! Can't wait to see those pics.
Old 08-13-11, 01:16 AM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Good luck buddy!
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 07:33 AM   #9
bassboogieman

Let's see it's 07:30 and Lisa probably has two in the boat, one is a "keeper" so John will eat tonight, and speaking of John, he's still probably trying to get the backlash out of his reel from his first cast. Whatever he's on the water with his best pal and enjoyin' life.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 09:41 AM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Good luck you 2. Hope you wear them out!
Old 08-13-11, 11:57 AM   #11
bamabassman

wellllllll............we went anyway, hahahaha.

got up at 4 am and lisa was ready...which is amazing in itself, lol. a woman whois set to go fishing? unheard of. hahahaha.

so anyway, we get everything in the rig and take off. ease down to LEESBURG LAUNCH on the "mudhole" aka; LAKE WEISS. now if oyu google a map of the leesburg launch you will se how it is barely 2 lane road towards the launch area. there are 3-4 clubs having a tourny today at this launch, another thing i have never seen there.
but this is what ticked me off. these knuckleheads are just SITTING there. no one is launching. there is a circle area oyu drive to launch the boat. and it is lined up 30 deep. blocking the ramp area. STUPID!! the guy in front of me goes intot he grass and launches his boat. i follow. all these "other" guys are starting us down like we should wait our turn. f THEM I SAID! i ain't in no tourny, i just want to fish. one said something to his partner jsut loud enough so tha ti coud hear. i said "ya'll ain't launching, get outta the way." he shut up then.
so we launch the boat, lisa gets in and we take off. after i spend about 15 mins cranking up the dang thang. been so long she (marie laveue, i named her that affter the voodoo queen,lol) forgot how to run i htink,lol. we head down to our little honey hole. the sun is peaking out over the ridge, jsut beautiful gang.
but there is no wind really, just a slight breeze from the east. bad luck right there. wind outta the east, oyu catch the least. outta the west, fishing the best. at least that's what i have always been told.
so we start slinging the lizzards. lisa gets a bite. it's a baby nibbling on it. then after an hour, she gets bit good. but the fish shakes off before she can get a good hookset. meanwhile i ain't getting a nibble as usual,lol. but we are still slinging. i throw everything i got, spinner, cranks (2 different kinds) craw, worm,jig, shaky head. NUTHIN! then we look around, we were all by ourselves when we started at theis spot. we look up and there are at least 10 boats in our area. 3 are looking at where we are fishing real hard. we move on down. they follow. but they ain't getting anything either.
it starts to get real hot. lisa can't be out in the direct sun now because of her meds she takes for her new kidney and plus the fact that she is getting a lot of sun cancer spots easily too.
so we pack everything up and decided to just cruise the lake a bit. looking at all the houses and such. just easing along and talking. enjoying the water and being out on it.
we stayed out there for 5 hours, got hot in a hurry out there. we loaded up and jsut got home aobut 45 mins ago. gonna take a shower, get a nap, then start smoing a pork shoulder and whole chicken at the same time.

even though we didn't land a fish, we had an awesum morning out on the water.....FINALLY. hahahaha. gonna wait a ocuple of weeks, hoping the weather cools off and then we'll hit GUNTERSVILLE. i am thinking we'll catch dinner then. well.....lisa will anyway. lol!!
thanks for the well wishes gang. felt great to get out there again. can't wait to go again. heck i may og tomorrow by myself, who knows.
Old 08-13-11, 08:02 PM   #12
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
wellllllll............we went anyway, hahahaha.

got up at 4 am and lisa was ready...which is amazing in itself, lol. a woman whois set to go fishing? unheard of. hahahaha.

so anyway, we get everything in the rig and take off. ease down to LEESBURG LAUNCH on the "mudhole" aka; LAKE WEISS. now if oyu google a map of the leesburg launch you will se how it is barely 2 lane road towards the launch area. there are 3-4 clubs having a tourny today at this launch, another thing i have never seen there.
but this is what ticked me off. these knuckleheads are just SITTING there. no one is launching. there is a circle area oyu drive to launch the boat. and it is lined up 30 deep. blocking the ramp area. STUPID!! the guy in front of me goes intot he grass and launches his boat. i follow. all these "other" guys are starting us down like we should wait our turn. f THEM I SAID! i ain't in no tourny, i just want to fish. one said something to his partner jsut loud enough so tha ti coud hear. i said "ya'll ain't launching, get outta the way." he shut up then.
so we launch the boat, lisa gets in and we take off. after i spend about 15 mins cranking up the dang thang. been so long she (marie laveue, i named her that affter the voodoo queen,lol) forgot how to run i htink,lol. we head down to our little honey hole. the sun is peaking out over the ridge, jsut beautiful gang.
but there is no wind really, just a slight breeze from the east. bad luck right there. wind outta the east, oyu catch the least. outta the west, fishing the best. at least that's what i have always been told.
so we start slinging the lizzards. lisa gets a bite. it's a baby nibbling on it. then after an hour, she gets bit good. but the fish shakes off before she can get a good hookset. meanwhile i ain't getting a nibble as usual,lol. but we are still slinging. i throw everything i got, spinner, cranks (2 different kinds) craw, worm,jig, shaky head. NUTHIN! then we look around, we were all by ourselves when we started at theis spot. we look up and there are at least 10 boats in our area. 3 are looking at where we are fishing real hard. we move on down. they follow. but they ain't getting anything either.
it starts to get real hot. lisa can't be out in the direct sun now because of her meds she takes for her new kidney and plus the fact that she is getting a lot of sun cancer spots easily too.
so we pack everything up and decided to just cruise the lake a bit. looking at all the houses and such. just easing along and talking. enjoying the water and being out on it.
we stayed out there for 5 hours, got hot in a hurry out there. we loaded up and jsut got home aobut 45 mins ago. gonna take a shower, get a nap, then start smoing a pork shoulder and whole chicken at the same time.

even though we didn't land a fish, we had an awesum morning out on the water.....FINALLY. hahahaha. gonna wait a ocuple of weeks, hoping the weather cools off and then we'll hit GUNTERSVILLE. i am thinking we'll catch dinner then. well.....lisa will anyway. lol!!
thanks for the well wishes gang. felt great to get out there again. can't wait to go again. heck i may og tomorrow by myself, who knows.
Sounds better then a day steppin on nails to me! Glad yall enjoyed your selves, hope ya get back out soon bud!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.