Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-08, 04:00 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default One more dead moccasin this year PICS (storytime)

Wednesday after I made it home from work, I made my daily trip to my backyard with my son. He as really taken to being outside and gets really upset when we go back in. Anyways, like I always do, I looked over the fence to see if I can see any snakes in the swamp or on the land between our fence and the swamp. "None today" I thought. I turned to go back in the house and just happened to look to the right down the fence line and saw what I thought was a large fallen branch from one of the many trees behind the fence. I did a double take when I saw the "branch" moving towards the gate. As I took a closer look, I knew immediately that it was a moccasin. I ran into the house to drop off the baby to the wife and get my "Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle" (not really, it is just a hand pump bb rifle that can kill a small mammal if pumped up enough times). Even though my wife is terrified of snakes, she followed me to see the action. I leaned over the fence, took aim, fired. Nothing. Did I miss from 10 feet? I then remembered that the site was a bit high. I reloaded, took aim (a tad lower this time ), and fired. My wife shreaked as the moccasin whipped around in anger. No fear from me, since the fence separated us. I looked closely and noticed a small hole in the top of his head right between the eyes. Yes, bullseye. I knew then that he was a goner. But before I was going to go back there and dispose of the devil's spawn, I unloaded another 5 bb's into his head just to be sure. Since he didn't even twitch when the last bb entered his head, I knew it was safe. The late "little" bugger was 3 1/2 feet long. The wife went back into the house to make a few phones calls to her mother and friends. Obviously to tell them how proud she was of her man for keeping the her and the children safe from such a terrible beast. I have to admit, it was a "fun" evening. I will post pictures when I get back to the house tonight.

Of course the pictures were taken after the snake was dead. I am not stupid.

Last edited by Fishnngolfn; 09-25-08 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Added pictures
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.