Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-09, 03:55 PM   #26
toppwatr
BassFishin.Com Active Member

OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! anyone up in the northeast would know that most of the summer we have had chocolate milk rivers and streams!!! and summer is my main time for smallies!!! plus i dont have a boat so i cant hit the rivers for smallmouths.
toppwatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 02:33 PM   #27
RandyHolt
BassFishin.Com Member

As summer winds down to its final minutes, I have to say the fishing has been slow as molasses in these parts. I may have jumped the gun on the fall bite, but I got bit by the shutout bug many times since some luck early this month.

I did get out onto the upper potomac today and saw a dink smallie attacking a bug on the top water. He ignored my best efforts to distract him to a less tasty meal. Sigh.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 03:05 PM   #28
rodnreel
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The lake I mainly fish has been just like most of the others during summer, SLOW. Makes it especially hard cause there's no weeds, pads, or grass of any kind. Just a muddy, rocky mess with a ton of docks. I've been 3 times and caught 1 fish each time out. It's definitely better than getting skunked, but I'd like to see the numbers a lot higher than that. I too need to sharpen my open water/structure fishing skills.
Old 09-22-09, 09:31 PM   #29
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Fishing has been good for me up until this last weekend. Then the hammer fell!
Saturday- zero fish. One pad hit on a Bobby's Perfect Frog and that was all the action I got.
I felt like Bob Uecker in Major League. "One hit?! That's all we got was one ******* hit!?!?!?!"
Sunday-one measly little pike.
And these were two lakes that I'm quite comfortable with.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.