Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-10, 02:50 PM   #1
basstastic
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Spinnerbaits

As stated in a previous topic I intend to work on spinnerbaits this year as my new technique to learn. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and I have read several times that wire guage and a quality swivel are key to a quality spinnerbait. Does anyone know of a resource that lists the wire guage on various spinnerbaits? I have read that you should look for at least a .40 guage wire but I have found that many manufactures don't list the wire guage size. So if you know some sizes of some companies I would appreciate the info. However, I have been looking for weeks and found very little information. So as a secondary question; What are your favorite spiinerbait brands that run true right out of the box?
basstastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 03:14 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Terminator! The best wire, and the best swivels and blades, I love 'em. They use titanium wire, it springs right back into place when bent, my brother cause a snake head and lifted the thing right out of the water and kept tension on the wire so it straitened out. he took the hook out let it limp, sprung right back!

As far as wire sizes, when you fish spinnerbaits for a while you'll find out what size wire you like, get different Dim. wire spinnerbaits, use them and see which ones work the best for you. No lake is the same, so find out for you self!

Terminator also makes my favorite clear water spinnerbaits, Tandem willow in clown color.

Last edited by Bassboss; 02-23-10 at 03:32 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 03:27 PM   #3
sac
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You should check out Wal-Mart in the clearance section for Terminator spinnerbaits. My wally world has them for $4 a peice...........I stocked up on spinners for the year Let's just say I filled a spinnerbait box that holds 22 and had to find room for the rest lol
They are built very well and the skirts are quality also.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 04:06 PM   #4
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

This thread had a couple interesting posts on it:
http://bassfishin.com/bassfishingfor...=WIRE+DIAMETER
Old 02-23-10, 04:42 PM   #5
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Sometimes, you can't get caught up all the little details. If you did, you'd never had time to fish. IMO, wire diameter is pointless, and I've never looked at that before. There are much more important things I consider when buying a spinning: blades, hooks, swivels, head shape, skirt color (can always be changed), and even type of wire rank higher than wire diameter to me.

But if you must know, you have two option. First, buy some calipers or a micrometer. Second, email the companies you're interested in and ask them. They can probably tell you.

As for Terminators. The ones that do have the Titanium wire are... well... still not my favorites. I don't like the head design or the skirts on terminator spinnerbaits, and I wouldn't buy them just because they have a titanium wire.

BB
Old 02-27-10, 01:58 AM   #6
orcpr
BassFishin.Com Member

Im a big war eagle fan myself.Just seem like they are an all around great spinnerbait and never had a bad product from the.Personally i like the cole slaw colored with painted white willow blades.
orcpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.