Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-07, 01:02 PM   #26
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Oh Lord,

Please grant this entire topic and thread a painless death, for the moving finger writes; and, having writ, moves on...(With apologies to Omar Khayyam.)
Amen

Speaking of Ol' Omar, wonder what ever happened to that fancy boat of his...the Ruby Yacht. He was OK, for a Persian dude.

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it."

From The Rubaiyat

Something tells me I've got the wrong audience here. Not many Lit. majors, I'll bet. Well, I ain't one either.

Nurse, more coffee, please.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-07, 01:47 PM   #27
mont_lunker_hunter
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I agree with BPACA, these guys know their stuff. I think that if Randy was fine with it then it's ok. As far as danger goes...these guys are professionals, they know their boats, no different than a race car driver knows what his car will do when they race inches from each other.
mont_lunker_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-07, 10:31 PM   #28
jobrien214
BassFishin.Com Member

Default More two cents

Seems I have hit a nerve with a few about the reckless actions of the G man. I own a Ranger boat and have always had the utmost respect for other users on the waterways and maintain the attitude that the best offense is a good defense, meaning being a defensive driver on the water and on the road is a must. I understand and belive that the privledge of owning and or operating of a high powered vessel such as a bass boat goes with maintaining a reasonable sense of responsibility. Someone said in one post to get my johnboat out of my backyard pond and try some big water. I have fished from Lake Erie to the St. Johns River, Lake Fork and a small body of water on the Texas - Louisana border (only 187,000 acres)
Toledo Bend and every lake and river in between. Being only 47 years old and seeing my fair share of on the water accidents( like a 18 year old kid that fell out of his boat at Dale Hollow idling away from the dock when the boat came around and the prop took a large piece of his head off and killed him) or the father and son that was killed on Richard Russell Lake in Georgia when some idiot cut them off and flipped their rig in main lake. Maybe I have a problem with reckless fools that endanger the lives and well being of responsible boaters and since no one got got hurt in the G mans little blast up the river I guess thats okay? What kind of message does this send to anyone that owns a 3500 pound rocket with no brakes? I guess the message is drive like hell you will get there. Maybe the message is its all cool till someone gets hurt? I bet if it was any one of you with your wife and or family in your boat and someone blew by you that close you would be ready to beat some azz with a paddle. With that being said Im leaving in the morning to get my hydroblaster out of storage for the season. Having prepped the boat properly, cleaned every square inch, steam cleaned the carpet, once i get her home I hope to enjoy my 27th year of enjoying the best hobby a person could ever enjoy......chasing the allure of that green finned sunfish known a bass. I hope no has taken offense of myself calling old G man a hillbilly. My family hails from the poorest region of the foothills of Kentucky and they are some of the hardiest people I have ever came to know. A hillbilly in my book is anyone that runs his mouth like a wide open weed eater. A freind of mine and myself built a cabin within minutes of Cave Run Lake and after 13 years of meeting some of the best hillbillys this side of the Mississippi you might as well call me one too. If anyone needs any local info on THE CAVE email me and i will be glad to help. A great lake with very little pressure. To all my best wishes on a great upcoming season and please be safe on the lake and please consider the other people sharing the same water. If we all acted like someone was watching us while on the water everyone will be coming home safe and sound .
jobrien214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-07, 02:47 AM   #29
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

right on the money hef.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 01:47 AM   #30
BPACA

Skeet summed it up..he had a brain fart....a nice wakeup....he'll still be G in my book.
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-07, 01:21 PM   #31
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Why isn't anyone talking about the HORRIBLE job of covering it ESPN did?

I really don't think they needed to show the Gerald Swindle incident like it was the highlight of the show. What about the fishing?
Old 03-03-07, 04:08 PM   #32
JB

the coverage proved to me how difficult fishing can be when the water is lowered during the event...this is a daily occurance on the ohio river and others here probably deal with it too on a frequent basis.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-07, 05:12 PM   #33
PowerBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hef View Post
Holy crap! These comments are why I hate the way some of todays youth talks/thinks. Total disrespect. 20 years ago, if you made a comment about an adult and called him an idiot, moron, d*ck, you were going to get your a$$ whooped. So G-man made a mistake, big deal, we're all human. Why do you have so much hate towards Gerald? Because he's accomplished more with a rod in his hand than you have?
If you've been fishing since 1980 in your own rig and you've never witnessed something like what Swindle did, than you need to get that jon boat off your backyard pond and put it in some big water. Trust me you will see alot worse. His actions had consequenses and Trip gave him what punishment he deserved. End of story. Swindle will have to live with that, but the man don't deserve to be continually crucified for it.
Thank You for that post. Young Folk, including myself, need to realize that we need dignity, and posts like that lower it.

Im a huge swindle fan, and howell did wave him on. However with a spectator boat, IDK. I trust swindles boat control 100 percent. Would I care, NO.
Old 03-04-07, 05:00 PM   #34
pig n jig

The G man is nothing more than a mouthy little cry baby. roflmao.....I seen the re-run today, where he cried his widdle eyes out on stage.... unbelievable..... Grow up, you dumb **** ! P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-07, 05:03 PM   #35
JB

the producers rubbed onions in his eyes I heard pnj rofl
Old 03-04-07, 05:37 PM   #36
pig n jig

What do you suppose they pay him for the G-string line deal ? This guy is sponsored up the wazoo. He anit got to win while fishing, he just needs to keep his head out of his *** while he is in public and keep collecting those checks from his sponsors.It would be a whole easier if he were sponsored by Duct tape and applied some across that mouth of his. Roflmao.......
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-07, 05:41 PM   #37
JB

p n j,
its all the 'masterplan' of b.a.s.s.
in other words each year has to have a 'attention getter' for the media hounds to frenzy on..make headlines to get people to tune in.
remember back when ike crunched the american flag and pole when he
threw his lilshytfit?
b.a.s.s. recruited storyline writers from the WWE wrasling biz a few years ago and ratings have shot through the roof ever since
Old 03-04-07, 07:41 PM   #38
HOG Ranger

It is a sad time but controversy sells. BASS used the Ike ordeal to generate attention just like they did with Swindle. They must have replayed both of them 20 times each. Ike got booted from Ranger for his outburst and there were numerous other sponsors lined up to take him.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-07, 07:45 PM   #39
JB

i noticed IKE toned it down a thousand in front of the camera this year.
Lets just hope they never play the race card in b.a.s.s. coverage like so many others like nascar have(predominately white fan base and players)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.