Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-05, 10:21 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Most knowledgeable

There's a desk of bass information on this site. In your openion, who do you think is the most knowledgeable about the sport of bass fishing. Lots of good anglers that know what they are talking about and are generous with shareing it with the public. This is not taking anything from anyone because there are somany. More than one can share your support.
Old 11-19-05, 11:43 AM   #2
southernsnatcher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

well me of course.. nah i would have to say reb, liz and zook to be the top 3....
southernsnatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-05, 11:47 AM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I am just guessing but I feel zooker prob. spends the most time on the water, which adds up to knowledge in my book.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-05, 12:15 PM   #4
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Zooker, lots of time on the water and lots of fish (including catfish and he saltwater fishes).

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-05, 12:53 PM   #5
zooker

dang you all got my to blushin now ......lol yeah right..

zooker
Old 11-19-05, 01:39 PM   #6
River stumps

Yea, Zooker, Reb and Lizards. Can I pass or can I go with these three equally knowledgable and experienced Bassers, all three with good answers. What are they going to walk away with if they are voted the best on the board? Is it going to be a new Bass Boat and Pickup? Sure would be nice.
Old 11-19-05, 01:44 PM   #7
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

zooker, reb, lizards, and fish on have all been verey helpful to me
Old 11-19-05, 02:04 PM   #8
River stumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by River stumps
Yea, Zooker, Reb and Lizards. Can I pass or can I go with these three equally knowledgable and experienced Bassers, all three with good answers. What are they going to walk away with if they are voted the best on the board? Is it going to be a new Bass Boat and Pickup? Sure would be nice.
After giving this a little thought, I realise I didn't think of all the possibilites. And to add another canidate to my list of all time greats. And that will be Pig n Jig, he is always there with a comment or a good answer. So it's pnj, zooker, reb and lizards. And not necessarly in that arder.
Old 11-19-05, 02:59 PM   #9
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

that's a question that you really can't answer. there are a million variables w/bass fishing and I know some VERY knowledgable people on here who simply don't have the time to answer all the questions. The more time you spend on here, the more you realize, its pretty much the same questions being asked by different members every couple months. I know there are quite a few on here who know, but just don't post, therefore they don't get the exposure, therefore won't get the recognition.
Old 11-19-05, 04:57 PM   #10
Fishie

Me duh! I think I am good but as far as experience I would say Zook, Lizards, Reb not in any order. They all been doing it for a long time.
Old 11-19-05, 05:27 PM   #11
River stumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob
that's a question that you really can't answer. there are a million variables w/bass fishing and I know some VERY knowledgable people on here who simply don't have the time to answer all the questions. The more time you spend on here, the more you realize, its pretty much the same questions being asked by different members every couple months. I know there are quite a few on here who know, but just don't post, therefore they don't get the exposure, therefore won't get the recognition.
The originial post was the ones who talk about their experiences and shared their views to the public.
Old 11-20-05, 07:18 AM   #12
PowerBass

Zook, Reb, Liz, PNJ, Mac, Jackl(where did he go?)
Old 11-20-05, 08:29 AM   #13
pig n jig

As soon as we all realize that we don't know everything, we will be able to learn alot more.It doesn't matter who is the most knowledgable on every subject.I know I can't wait to try a list of new things I have learned from you guys.If something someone posted doesn't work for you remember who posted it and instant message them for help on the subject.Sometimes its very difficult or too long of a post to type exactly how you get results and the conditions you do better using the lure and presentation.I know for a fact those who don't catch alot of fish on a jig has never gave the lure a fair chance before switching back to what they know works well. It might very well be the case with something someone posted. Never rule something out until you have gave it a fair chance. Thank you for those who are listening.In saying that, I think Rebbasser is the professor of bass fishing. P N J

Last edited by pig n jig; 11-20-05 at 08:36 AM.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-05, 08:59 AM   #14
Fishie

Okay, let me make my point which is worth about a cent. In bass fishing you got people who can't catch fish if their life depended on it. You got the naturals who seem to always get them no matter what the heck they are doing. You also got the people that are very knowlegable and catch them also but not as easily as the guys who know stuff who are naturals. I think I would fall somewhat into the naturals who are knowlegebal category. Whenever I go fishing I always seem to luck into the big one no matter who I am fishing with and I seem to get the most bites. I think there is a sorta zen to bassfishing that you develop with lots of time on the water. Before highschool I use to fish every single day unless I had sports which was about 4 times a week for a couple of hours everyday. When you start fishing that much it takes you over and you develope a sixth sense I believe. RicK CLunn has talked about it before and it is like you are in your grove and nothing can stop you. I have had days when I have put it all together and caught 6 bass over 6 pounds in one day. Bass fishing in my opinion is not about knowledege so much as raw talent and experience. Case in point. When I was fishing the other day just so happened I was fishing with a guy who fishes a tournament once a week down at the ozarks or other missouri lakes. I kicked his butt and caught 6 in the time he caught 2. Obiviously he should be more experienced but in my opinion he was not as talented. A lot of people know howww to bass fish but what do you think seperates the top guys in the country from me and you. It is pure talent and luck( the zen we talked about plus intuition). So get out on the water and fish.
Old 11-20-05, 09:01 AM   #15
Fishie

Forgot to add also money...... LOL
Old 11-20-05, 03:40 PM   #16
Unregistered

Talking

Lol sounds like you enjoy tooting your own horn. ? Lmaorofpimpaye
Old 11-20-05, 03:45 PM   #17
Unregistered

Money is the thang that seperates the pros from the pack .don't u think sponsors hire people to pre fish different areas to help the pro find his fish so sponsors fish looks good on t.v.?
Old 11-20-05, 05:55 PM   #18
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Lol sounds like you enjoy tooting your own horn. ? Lmaorofpimpaye
6- six lbrs on one outing, 36+ lbs. i think you made a correct assessment.
Old 11-20-05, 06:58 PM   #19
zooker

river is right.there is several memebers here that are very good just REAL shy about sharing that knowlage. bassnman30 is one of them i know from personal experiance -i sure have lost enough money to him this year- but in my opinion every one has great years and they also have crappy years -i am having a truly sh!tty year...

zooker
Old 11-20-05, 07:03 PM   #20
Unregistered

Wut no 6+ lb limit stringers ?Dat is some whale of a stringer anit it ?
Old 11-20-05, 09:34 PM   #21
lizardsrule

Thanks for the compliments, but I will be the first to say, I'm not in the same category as many of the folks who come here. Many of whom weren't even mentioned. The number of posts you make does not mean you are a better fisherman or more knowledgeable. There have been many folks who come here for a couple of months and just repeat answers they have read here before, without ever even trying or using those tips. So they are just posting stuff they read, not used. I believe in this site, because it has helped me and my learning curve SO MUCH, that if I can give anything back even in the slightest way I will. I hope that I never think I'm the most knowledgeable, because that would hurt my continued learning. I do think for myself, and try to listen to what is being said and get through the crap, which there is a lot of it on here, just like other sites. Now to answer the original question, since a couple of folks who I would rank up really high just don't post too much anymore(they know who they are), and we have some veterans here that do fish and know their stuff, I would have to say Rebasser also. He has always been more than willing to answer any question(which sometimes I won't do) and has a vast amount of knowledge and love for Bass fishing. Now that doesn't mean he's gonna win every tourney, or even is the greatest fisherman, but he has been more help to more folks here than anyone else. JMO

Lizards
Old 11-20-05, 10:44 PM   #22
Fishie

what you don't believe I got that many 6lbers. They were all on a creek channle one day and for some reason I hit the jackpot on this small lake. I killed them on the ugly otters that day and that has to be one of the best days ever. It was a blue sky day on top of it too. Sounds like it wouldn't be true but for some reason they were on that day.
Old 11-20-05, 10:44 PM   #23
Fishie

what you don't believe I got that many 6lbers. They were all on a creek channle one day and for some reason I hit the jackpot on this small lake. I killed them on the ugly otters that day and that has to be one of the best days ever. It was a blue sky day on top of it too. Sounds like it wouldn't be true but for some reason they were on that day.
Old 11-21-05, 09:40 AM   #24
River stumps

I'm one that will give a person the benefit of doubt. But you must admit that you did paint an extremly pretty picture of your self and your fish catching abilities. I have been fishing for many years, started back when it was really tough, and had to learn things the hard way ( By trial and err). Never had the option of some one teaching me how to catch bass, or a web site I could go to for answers when I had a question. I have slowed down alot over the past several years due to age, but I loved the sport. Now after all those years, I am still learning alot of stuff from alot of great men on this site who like the sport as well. There are some good experienced fisherman on this site that knows more about the sport than I could ever dream of knowing, They are full of knowledge, and they are honest and most of all they are modest. They will explain to you how to do it and will never steer you wrong if only you will appreciate them and listen. They don't use alot of personal pronouns when they are teaching me something, and I appreciate the way they explain their views about the sport. And Never, never would I, after all these years pretend to know more than they. And as long as they keep freely giving their time to help me, I will keep being a good listener. Just had to say it. Have a good day on the water.
Old 11-21-05, 07:08 PM   #25
zooker

river belive it or not i had to teach my self how to actually bass fish. i had several good friends tell me the colors and types of baits. but the when where and how were basicly learned from actually doing it.. i caught my first bass when i was a junior in high school.

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.