Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-12, 01:36 AM   #1
james86
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Camper

I was thinking about buying an RV. Maybe something like this one. What do you guys think?
Old 02-10-12, 01:58 AM   #2
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Now THAT is stone cold pimpin'!
Old 02-10-12, 03:10 AM   #3
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Finally an RV that gets good (ok) gas mileage.

Park that at any fishing hole the night before you fish.....I guarantee the crowds will stay away.

Looks like something out of a modern day 'Deliverance Movie"

"Goddamn, you play a mean banjo."
Drew Ballinger
Old 02-10-12, 03:56 AM   #4
1/4 stick

I don't see anything wrong. :/
Old 02-10-12, 07:27 AM   #5
nobass

needs dish on roof
Old 02-10-12, 07:41 AM   #6
kennethdaysale

If any of yall want to attempt a DIY conversion of your own....the tail-light kit this dude is sporting can be found on pg 553 of BPS Master Cat.....Optronics 21-511-714-00 (LED and waterproof!)
Old 02-10-12, 08:22 AM   #7
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Sad that in this great country we live in, that these are the lengths that people without homes have to go to...
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 08:54 AM   #8
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
Sad that in this great country we live in, that these are the lengths that people without homes have to go to...
I'm not convinced that the pic is of a homeless person or just some kinda Foxworthy funny. But if you want to see the real deal and something that will tear you out of the frame...just go to the parking lot of any 24 hr Wal Mart in the country just before daylight and look in the parking lot. I'm not talking about a bunch of lazy worthless crack heads. These are actual (formerly) middle class families living out there to #1 feel a little safe #2 have access to a bathroom 24/7. Embarrasing that I sometimes envy people with an SI unit
Old 02-10-12, 11:08 AM   #9
MallenManson

Speaking of Wal Mart, as soon as I saw the pic I figured that had to be where it was parked!
Old 02-10-12, 01:01 PM   #10
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
I'm not convinced that the pic is of a homeless person or just some kinda Foxworthy funny. But if you want to see the real deal and something that will tear you out of the frame...just go to the parking lot of any 24 hr Wal Mart in the country just before daylight and look in the parking lot. I'm not talking about a bunch of lazy worthless crack heads. These are actual (formerly) middle class families living out there to #1 feel a little safe #2 have access to a bathroom 24/7. Embarrasing that I sometimes envy people with an SI unit
It is a sad situation!
The other reason they stay there is it is heavily video servailanced.
Very few crimes and or drugs happen with the high security.
There literally is not an inch of parking lot that isn't covered by film.I visit weekly with cheap sandwichwiches for hand out. Ken is right, most I've meet aren't your typical homeless. Lot have jobs, around here anyways.
Found a van this summer that had two kids and both parents staying in it. With ALOT of help from others, they are now in a new 'Homes for Humanity" dwelling , both working and the kids HAVE a FUTURE.
Ken thanks for sharing.
Old 02-10-12, 05:11 PM   #11
Top Tiger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have a friend that manages one of those storage rental facilities. He tells me that there are quite a few families living there. Maybe electricity, no water, they chime in at the end of the day at set up house for the night. He says that they're not supposed to be living out of there but neither he nor the owners have the heart to put them out. Times are real hard for some folks. Count your blessings.
Top Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 08:12 PM   #12
bamabassman

this is a sad truth about our country. and we spend BILLIONS on other countries.
Old 02-10-12, 10:30 PM   #13
MallenManson

Joe, that's a great thing you're doing.
John, you hit the nail on the head there.
Let's take care of our own before we help people in other countries
Old 02-11-12, 07:09 AM   #14
Dogmatic

Instead of rejecting the notion of helping others, by cutting aid for other countries, having an either , or situation, I have a novel idea...how about we cut a few billion from the Defense budget, and continue aid to other needy people around the world, and our brothers and sisters right here at home.
Old 02-11-12, 09:45 AM   #15
bamabassman

dog....i haven't said too much on your thoughts. but i gotta say this. in MY opion we should NOT cut defense spending. RATHER we should refocuse HOW it is spent. i am all for helping other countries. it isn't HELPING to send our troops to EVERY country out there and not spending more here at home. other countries DO want our help, but lets face it we can't govern EVERYONE. and that is what we are doing i think, not out in the open of course. but behind the scenes so to speak. we have put people in power in other ocuntries and have it bite us in the arse.
we need to refocuse our efforts and help AMERCIANS FIRST. now i know there are countries we need to stay with for oil and so forth. but that is not meaning we should do whatever they want us to.
my main problem with all this is yes, illegals coming into this country. yes i am against it. and you nor anyone else is gonna change my mind so don't even try. i don't understand spending billions of dollars on the other side of the globe and not enforcing our own borders.
if it is so bad in THEIR country, no matter WHAT country. then THOSE people should do what WE did a couple hundred years ago. REVOLT!! take BACK their country. the u.s.a. will help. we do it all the time. there are so many countries that want to come here and i don't blame them one bit. but do it LEGALLY please. and don't argue that they have no means to do so. we didn't in 1775, jsut a few "farmers" with pitchforks so to speak. and we fought the greatest county at the time. england was at it's peak when we revolted. so don't say they CAN'T do it. it is easier to run than it is to fight. better red than dead, remember that slogan? russia also failed. we are running out of money and time. this country is young compaired to other countries. and at this rate we won't last long. before ww1 we weren't a power house. after that war we became a powerhouse. we need to regroup and ask ourselves if we TRULY want to be the worlds "police". i don't. the ONLY country we need to take care of is isreal. the middle east has and always will fight each other untill the end of time. it is written. so let them fight it out, jsut take care of GOD'S people.

and take care of OUR people first. stop giving immagrants free money and education jsut because they came here. we have people here that need it. i can go on about how our government GIVES people money to open a business and it's tax FREE. you know this is true. it's a scam. free education too. i NEVER was GIVEN thing. i had ot PAY for it. NATUREL BORN AMERICAN!!
Old 02-11-12, 11:22 AM   #16
Dogmatic

Yes, we need a military, but a budget that is larger than the next 14 nations combined?! There's no room for cutting there???
Old 02-11-12, 11:31 AM   #17
MallenManson

Quote:
Instead of rejecting the notion of helping others, by cutting aid for other countries, having an either , or situation, I have a novel idea...how about we cut a few billion from the Defense budget, and continue aid to other needy people around the world, and our brothers and sisters right here at home.

Even if we did make cuts in the defense budget, I would still stick by my previous post.

We should take care of our own before we EVEN THINK about helping someone else.
Old 02-11-12, 07:13 PM   #18
bamabassman

dog..again.i'm not mad at you about your post. but if oyu look at what you wrote, you put OTHER nations BEFORE your own. why?
Old 02-11-12, 07:18 PM   #19
Dogmatic

No, I put unproductive defense spending on the block before I think of cutting the ridiculously small amount of money we send to other countries in aid. Bama, how much do we send in aid to other countries, you have google, why don't you look it up.
Old 02-12-12, 08:42 AM   #20
kennethdaysale

Quote:
No, I put unproductive defense spending on the block before I think of cutting the ridiculously small amount of money we send to other countries in aid. Bama, how much do we send in aid to other countries, you have google, why don't you look it up.
dog...turns out that's a hard # to pin down. Using 37.7 bil a year as a conservative figure in US Gov't non military aide...thats enough to give every homeless man, women and child 56,101 dollars. If you divide that by homeless families instead of individuals, it's almost 100,000. per family. I certainly don't think the gov should just go around giving every homeless family they can find $100k a year but still. Actually the homeless get just as much help from churches and non gov orgs as the gov. There is no answer to this question that's going to make everyone happy.
Old 02-12-12, 08:52 AM   #21
bamabassman

dog oyu still didn't answer my question though. yes the U.S.A. is the richest country (as "they" say) on the globe. i don't believe that for one second by the way.

but i asked why oyu put OTHER contries needs ahead of you OWN country. jsut wondering why. i am not gonna get into an argument with oyu about it, nor will i debate it. there are too many points on both sides. this is the reason NOTHING gets done in this country. too many points and counter points.

as kennethdaysale, you are NEVER going to make everyone happy.
Old 02-12-12, 12:35 PM   #22
joedog

I'm going to take care of mine FIRST. If there is funds left I'm more than willing to share whats left!
Example;
Everytime I enter Illinois on the interstate the first county I go thru I hit 3 Toll booths at a cost of $3.25. Wisconsin doesn't have Tolls. Now seeing I'm already helping keep up with thier road costs, shouldn't they have money left that didn't go to road costs to help thier own poor in thier own state? Or should Wi. let thier roads deteriate and help out Il. even more with money saved? Selfish or reasonable thinking?
If I finance the cost of Military protection for a country (at I great cost), shouldn't it me reasonable for me to think that the countries I'm protecting should be able to at least help with thier own needy? Should I go home and tell my son to cut back more and eat less? Again, selfish or reasonable deduction?
Anyone know what happens when supplies are dropped into hostile areas without Military Protection? I do. It's not going to the needy!

Dogmatic, what are your thoughts on arming your local Police with BB guns (alot cheaper than real guns) or maybe eliminate thier bullet proof vest (hear thier spendy) and taking the cost savings and sending it to some "needy' person in Mexico? Just wondering.
Everyone have a great day and go outdoors and enjoy the Great Country and Freedoms we currently have...due to a Great Military!......or you can go to a swap meet and sell your GUNS so you can give MORE to someone else somewhere else.
Your CALL!

PS: James forget about getting any RV, you must know someone you can GIVE the money you save to.
I in turn am thinking of selling all but one fishing pole and a couple of hooks. Even though I worked hard to accumulate my TOOLS and made more than few sacrifices elsewhere in my budget to enable me to have more. Just think how many people I can help.

Last edited by joedog; 02-12-12 at 12:46 PM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-12, 05:29 PM   #23
Dogmatic

Some true Christians here! Chinos in my book.
Old 02-12-12, 06:43 PM   #24
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Some true Christians here! Chinos in my book.
I hope your first sentence is sincere and not judgemental. I am constantly amazed by secular humanist who label any Christian a hypocrit just because they don't walk around covered in sackcloth and ashes while eating locusts and honey. I think Matthew 25:38 was written to speak to an individuals heart not dictate the foreign policy of an entire country. Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ “Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Sentence #2 has me completely baffled. What in the world do cotton pants have to do with any of this. I looked to see if chino might have some kind of obscure definition but couldn't find one??

Old 02-12-12, 06:44 PM   #25
bamabassman

now what do you mean by that dog? for real man. explain that statement. are you refering to me? chinos.......what's that? i do not understand for real.

and you STILL haven't answered my question. the ORIGINAL question. IN PLAIN ENGLISH. i am not good at reading between the lines on posts. say what you mean.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.