Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-08, 12:49 PM   #1
atlfishguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 84 Tracker with kevlar hull

Well guys been looking all week for a boat went out and looked at a 16 ft and thats definately to small for me but I was wanting to stay around 2-3k range so I knew I probably wasnt going to find much. However I did go look at this 84 Tracker 18ft with a 150 mercury black max. I thought it was fiberglass but it is a kevlar hull. I have no ideal about this stuff but the boat is in excellent shape, been covered, seats, carpet, floor, everything on this boat is sweet. The trailior is like new as well. The boat hadnt been started since October and it fired right up but wasnt peeing any water out, the owner said it was fine when he last used it but Im taking it to a mechanic and having everthing checked out. The motor looks as if it doesnt have many hrs at all on it and Im very comfortable with the people who own it. They still have all the original manuals and all the paper work for this boat. I also spoke to the guy who serviced this boat last yr and he said everything on the motor was fine then. They were asking 3500 and I told them Id give them 3000 for it if everything checks out good on the boat because im going go ahead and have it serviced, new water pump and all that good stuff if its ok and they agreed. What do y'all think? What about this hull anyone ever had one of these? Ect... Heres some pics of it.......
Attached Images

atlfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 06:22 AM   #2
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well atl what a coincidence. It aint been 6 months since I just got through doing a face lift on one just like you got there. Dont expect to win NO races with the boat. She is a high 50's low 60's if set up right running boat. They are heavy. What you have is in fact a Nitro before they became Nitro. That motor is a fine motor ifn the compression checks out ok. Prolly will but have it done anyway. The water pump is a 45 minute change out. Kevelar is nothing more than a different and somewhat lighter resin and cloth used in the same manner that fiberglass is. Somwhat stronger I might add as well. Look her over well and check the wiring and steering so you dont get no surprises.
Old 03-03-08, 09:05 PM   #3
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Could not have said it better myself.
boater is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.