Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-09, 09:07 PM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My Weekend

my dad and i went fishing on both saturday and sunday this weekend to prepare for our fishers of men tournament this saturday on lake murray.

saturday we were supposed to meet our local club after they had called us and said they had changed`lakes.... well by blast off time noone was there and we called them and they said they had changed their minds again.... so we got bad info..... it didnt matter... so we hit the water at 8... we were movin a lot to hit some different spots.... my dad missed some fish before 12... we saw some friends and talked to them and they werent having much luck.... we had such a rough morning with no fish we actually ate lunch at a local on the water place..... we then were running up the river and found warm and muddy water it hit mid 50s ... all temps were about 50-54.... i ended up catchin a fish on a shaky head it wasnt big at all.... so we left at 5 with a lot of water eliminated and some ideas of what to expect

after church we went to hit the lake but had secong thoughts with the 25-35 mph wind.... we went anyway but decided to stay up the river instead of fishing the main lake.... the wind was howling and there were two foot waves "up the river" i cant even imagine the main lake.... thank god my dad owns a champion it was a great ride.... we had heard new from another friend and went back itno pockets and we found bait... i menan lots of bait.... my dad caught a fish early and the rest of the day we missed quite some fish... we now have some good ideas about what to do.... we fished from 12 to 4

so over all we only caught two fish but we elimainated water and have some ideas for next week.... hope you guys had fun too and fished a lot ... im glad we got to fish for 13 hours this weekend... hopefully i can add another 3 or 4 to that this weekend at my ponds and hopefully convince my dad to let me take off school to fish friday (lake opens up again from our tournament off limits).... also get to go see what my friend bought and got at the classic..... and i get my new shirt i made him buy me at the classic

AND i get to see his new boat
Old 02-22-09, 09:19 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

congrats on yer day bub. good luck in the tourny too. post some pics ok?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.