Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-09, 11:37 PM   #1
Love of the Sport
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Fishing reports.

While I like the fishing reports section, it seems kinda cold to me. We lose the interaction we get when we talk to each other about how our days went. Kinda sucks the fun out of it I guess.
Kevin, i understand what your trying to get the fishing report section to be, being self imployed I truely do but if we cant actively share with each other in the open forums we my see the amount of people talking about how they did die off a bit, and I would really miss that, its why I came here in the 1st place. Please don't take this post as hostile, its not at all.
Hopefully some solution can be found or maybe i'm the minority and I should just shut my mouth and deal with it.
What do you guys think?
Love of the Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-09, 08:10 AM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I pretty much agree, I also think that it's less viewed. But we can cope, just post it in both places!

Also it's almost imposable for me to do so, since I would have to post a precise location. And that's something my DOSE NOT want me to do!
Old 03-18-09, 11:58 AM   #3
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

That's what I do. I post it in the Reports section then again here to talk about it.
Old 03-18-09, 01:12 PM   #4
Kevin
Administrator

First, you're absolutely right. We don't want to discourage people from sharing their success or disappointments on a particular body of water.

However, when I talk about posting a "fishing report", I'm really talking about a very formal report that goes into quite some depth about the lake/river conditions, how the bass are moving/positioned, what techniques have or have not worked, and so on.

So I do want to make clear, there is a distinction between a true "fishing report" and simply a post to brag and share photos of a recent catch.

Bassboss said he doesn't wish to even share the location of the fish he caught, so that does not classify as a fishing report, since the purpose is not to share information on a particular body of water for other anglers who fish those same waters.

I encourage the dialogue as you described, and we can just save the more factual "reporting" style information posts to our fishing reports section.

I appreciate your comments and I'm happy to clarify my views. Thanks for your feedback and support!
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-09, 01:22 PM   #5
Love of the Sport
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thanks for clearing that up Kevin.
Love of the Sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.